Senior Modeler [Splinter Cell]
We’re working on a Splinter Cell remake, assembling a team with passion, drive and respect for the trifocal goggles. This is an opportunity to be part of a treasured franchise, rebuilt on Ubisoft’s Snowdrop engine to deliver next-generation visuals and modernized stealth gameplay, while preserving what's at the heart of the Splinter Cell experience.
The daily life of a Modeler at Ubisoft Toronto:
- Work with the Art team (including Art Lead and Art Director) to create high-quality 3d game assets;
- Follow a project’s artistic direction set by the Art Director/Lead;
- Adhere to specific pipelines and adapt to constraints, implement and maintain 3d game assets;
- Be proactive and work closely with other teams to adapt assets to their needs and constraints;
- Use good judgment and expertise to optimize the assets that are produced and their uses;
- Prioritize and manage day-to-day tasks to ensure deliverables are completed on time, within budget, and with production constraints;
- Prepare and communicate asset planning based on the requirement;
- Researching tools and techniques to create more efficient and visually appealing assets;
- Create benchmark quality assets to exemplify visual and technical quality for the members of the team
- Providing mentorship to more junior team members
- Reviewing and providing feedback on other artists work.
- Proactively help to troubleshoot problematic contents;
- Perform any other related tasks.
What it takes to make it:
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in game asset creation or equivalent;
- Experience in 3ds Max, Zbrush, Substance Designer, Substance Painter, Photoshop, and Unreal or equivalent;
- Solid understanding of PBR rendering, texture, material, its relationship with lighting, and UV unwrapping and layout;
- Strong artistic sense with an eye for detail, composition, and value/color theory;
- Ability to accept feedback and adapt to change;
- Must be proactive, team player, and constant learner.
Nice to have:
- Experience shipping AAA titles is an asset.
We know that skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
- A hybrid, flexible work model
- Six weeks of vacation
- An enhanced parental leave program
- Comprehensive Total Rewards Package:
- Disability Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Extended medical insurance
- (Optional) RRSP contribution
- Relocation Assistance
- Bonus (If Applicable)
Life at Ubisoft
At Ubisoft Toronto, we look for people who are excited to create the future of games in one of the most diverse cities in the world. We believe that embracing our individuality helps us build stronger creative teams and develop better games for all players.
When you’re a member of our team, your professional development is a priority. You’ll have opportunities to be challenged, learn and grow in your role. Pushing the boundaries of what’s possible within game development while working with Ubisoft’s most powerful technologies – from game engines to performance capture and more. Annual performance reviews and salary increases will help you further your career and grow with our studio. We also offer hybrid remote work options, six weeks of vacation for all employees, an enhanced parental leave program, a comprehensive health benefits package, generous RRSP matching, industry education support, training and career development.
We celebrate the big and small moments together – with virtual events, get togethers, giveaways and more. In addition to our “right to disconnect” philosophy, the studio offers a variety of health and wellness initiatives including yoga, an on-site gym, flexible work hours, and other programs to create a better, sustainable work environment for our teams.
We encourage you to read our Code of Conduct prior to applying. It is our collective responsibility at Ubisoft Toronto to maintain a respectful and inclusive work environment, and be the best possible place to work and grow. Knowing and respecting our Code of Conduct’s principles and guidelines is key to achieving that goal.
At Ubisoft Toronto, we believe diversity is our studio’s biggest strength. We’re committed to creating an inclusive workplace that reflects the diversity of our player community, is inclusive and respectful of the individuality of our team and embodies our core values – trust, integrity, excellence and care.
We encourage applications from First Nations, Métis and Inuit peoples, Indigenous peoples of North America, racialized persons, persons with disabilities, and those who identify as women and/or 2SLGBTQIA+.
If this sounds like your kind of studio, what are you waiting for?
Ubisoft Toronto is committed to providing accommodations for accessibility upon request.
We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.