Senior Narrative Designer [New IP] (443)
As a Senior Narrative Designer you will work with a multidisciplinary team to create, implement and drive the narrative design. You will craft the game’s story, creating characters, defining the story behind locations or objects, designing the narrative of objectives, building story arcs to contribute to building the player’s emotional journey.
What will you do?
- Working with the Directors, determine how the narrative will be presented in game and collaborate with teams to development these systems
- Lead the development of specific features. Define, design, and implement narrative systems from conception to realisation
- Throughout the production, make necessary changes of the narrative system arising from feedback, to allow for a constant support of the narrative experience in order to achieve the desired player experience
- Working within a narrative team to identify plot lines, story arcs and narrative beats that support the game design and the underlying IP
- Create descriptions and backstories for characters, locations, objects, events
- Support the Game Design team in defining systems and structures to support the game experience throughout the entire game
- Support the Lead Narrative designer with organisational tasks and in mentoring and development of junior designers.
What will you bring?
- An excellent understanding of non-linear narrative systems and structures
- Strong writing and editing skills
- A strong understanding of narrative-related pipelines
- Knowledge of GaaS and Open-World games
- Good knowledge of video games and open world narrative approaches
- Proficient understanding of Game Design
- Familiarity with common scheduling, task and issue tracking tools (such as Perforce, Jira, etc.)
- Strong listening and communication skills
- Knowledge of Game Design, Creative Writing, Literature or equivalent gained through practical work experience and/or academic studies
- Accomplished background in creative writing
- Self-motivated and pro-active with a strong work ethic.
Benefits & Relocation
We’re offering flexible working with some remote work available, 25 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown (usually 3 days), private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and excellent relocation support, should you need it!
Find out more about Ubisoft Leamington: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft offers the same job opportunities to all, without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age. Ubisoft ensures the development of an inclusive work environment which mirrors the diversity of our gamers community.