Senior Online Infrastructure Engineer [Studio]
As an Online Infrastructure Engineer, you'll be an integral part of the development team behind Tom Clancy’s The Division™, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, and Star Wars Outlaws. Get ready to dive into cutting-edge technologies and revolutionary methodologies, as you design, build, and maintain the epic infrastructure that powers these games, in addition to other isnteresting infrastructure projects. Your mission is to create and operate a global-scale game server infrastructure for highly anticipated AAA online games. Collaborating closely with stakeholders and Ubisoft teams worldwide, you'll help deliver an unparalleled online experience for our players, leveraging the very latest technologies available.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden, with the opportunity to work partially from home according to our Flexible Workplace Policy. Please apply in English (our company language), and we’ll check your application asap!
What You’ll Do
- Designing and implementing a highly scalable and resilient game server infrastructure
- Managing and automating the deployment pipeline of Star Wars Outlaws, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, and Tom Clancy's The Division™ game services
- R&D activities aimed at improving gaming experience for millions of players
- Working closely with game developers on related initiatives
- Consulting on the game's software and data architecture to ensure maximum infrastructure scalability
- Managing incidents and partake in the on-call rotation
What You'll Bring
You are a pragmatic troubleshooter with a keen eye for detail. You thrive in a small, close-knit team environment and embrace new ideas, actively seeking the optimal solutions for the tasks at hand. Your exceptional technological prowess is complemented by your passion, creativity, and resourcefulness. Whether working independently or collaboratively, you excel in both capacities, effortlessly blending autonomy with effective communication skills.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Cloud service providers such as GCP, AWS or Azure
- Linux system administration
- Infrastructure orchestration with Terraform
- Secret management such as Hashicorp Vault
- CI/CD Pipelines (Packer, Git/Gitlab)
- Development with either Go or Python
- Service and infrastructure monitoring tools such as Grafana, Prometheus and ELK stack
Massive Entertainment is a world-leading AAA studio located in Malmö Sweden and is part of the Ubisoft family. We’re a multinational team of more than 750 passionate and highly skilled people from 50+ different countries. Our studio’s goal has always been – and still is – to craft the finest gaming experiences for all players.
At Massive, you get to do what you love most while bringing your own experience to our ongoing projects, like Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, and Star Wars Outlaws. We're also developing new tech here, such as our in-house engine Snowdrop, and Ubisoft Connect - Ubisoft's digital ecosystem and distribution platform.
You can also find a summary of the Massive Job Perks here.
Questions? We're more than happy to answer them! Please contact Malin Jessen (Talent Acquisition Partner) at email@example.com
All your application information will be kept confidential according to EEO & GDPR guidelines.