Senior Online Programmer [New IP] (484)
A career at Ubisoft Leamington and Ubisoft Reflections opens doors to new worlds. As a Senior Online Programmer you are part of a team that directly influences the quality of our player\'s online experience.
What you will do
- Analyse and determine if current online functionalities in the game meet the project’s requirements
- Assist with investigation, design and implementation of class-leading online features
- Involvement with education of the game team to ensure online gameplay and technical constraints are considered during the design and implementation of game features
- Work as a key part of an agile development team, and assist the lead with planning and review of features and mentoring less experienced programmers
- Implement innovative solutions to feature requests, taking into account performance, maintability and appropriate resource usage
- Participate in the definition of coding practices and ensure coding standards are followed with regular code reviews
- Collaborate with stakeholders to gather and analyse technical constraints and establish solutions
- Demonstrate an understanding of load and feature testing , write test code, and develop test frameworks and processes
- Stay up-to-date with state-of-the-art technology and promote its use within the studio
- Integrate large-scale modules or components while minimising the impact on the rest of the programming team
- Contribute to and on occasion lead cross-studio collaboration communications in conjunction with the Lead Programmer
- Establish and maintain contact with their counterparts within the studio, share knowledge and best practices, and put those learnings to use on their projects
- Be involved in the optimisation of systems.
What you will bring
- Knowledge in solving typical online issues related to latency, bandwidth utilization and synchronization of game objects
- Knowledge of implementing anti-cheat systems, and awareness of online security
- Proven ability to debug networked/asynchronous systems
- Knowledge of online community support, e-commerce, downloadable content, hands on experience in these areas also beneficial
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills, with excellent knowledge of object oriented development including design patterns and UML
- Extensive experience working with a large game codebase, and it\'s modules, middleware and associated pipeline
- Deep understanding of software performance considerations, with ability to design and implement well performance systems/features
- Significant knowledge of common algorithms, data structures and patterns, and their application
- Proven ability to analyse unfamiliar code of a reasonable complexity to understand, extend, refactor and optimise an existing module
- Proven ability to debug defects of a reasonable complexity, including memory related issues, multi-threading, and assembly level debugging
- In-depth knowledge of different software development methods such as Test Driven Development, Unit Testing, Agile etc.
- Understanding of the constraints and technical requirements for console platform development within their area
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to mentor others.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer engineering or equivalent experience
- 6 years commercial software development experience with significant involvement in multiple published games in a relevant programming capacity is a major plus
- Experience working with at least one modern console platform is an advantage
- Experience with profiling tools
- Experience working in a multi-site collaboration environment is a plus
Benefits & Relocation
We’re offering flexible working with some remote work available, 25 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown (usually 3 days), private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and excellent relocation support, should you need it!
Find out more about Ubisoft Leamington: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft offers the same job opportunities to all, without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age. Ubisoft ensures the development of an inclusive work environment which mirrors the diversity of our gamers community.