Senior Paralegal - Litigation
Twitch is the world’s biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It’s where millions of people come together to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment.
We’re about community, inside and out. You’ll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We’re on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we’re up to on LinkedIn and Twitter, get interviewing tips on Instagram, and discover projects we’re solving on our Blog.
About the Role
Join a dynamic legal team working on a variety of novel legal issues across the entire company. Provide primary support for the litigation and regulatory investigations functions, including potential disputes and litigations, subpoenas and other third party requests, responses to governmental authorities, enforcement, and intellectual property matters. Leverage strong communication and organization skills to build relationships with business partners, drive projects to completion, and have fun tackling complex issues arising from a global service for user generated content.
This position can be located in San Francisco, CA; Irvine, CA; Seattle, WA; New York, NY; and Salt Lake City, UT.
- Assist our Head of Litigation and outside counsel in managing and responding to subpoenas, potential disputes, litigation, enforcement matters, and regulatory inquiries.
- Conduct detailed and timely factual investigations, collect relevant records, and create accurate and complete reports.
- Manage the litigation hold process and the document collection process for active litigation and regulatory matters.
- Manage internal trackers for litigation, pre-litigation, and regulatory investigation matters.
- Work with the International paralegal team to provide support and consistency on international litigation, pre-litigation, and regulatory matters.
- Work with the product paralegal team to provide support in response to inquiries to Legal managed email inboxes concerning legal questions or escalations from our customer support and trust & safety / content moderation teams.
- Design, develop, refine, and simplify legal processes to increase efficiency, support scalability, and ensure quality (such as established and documented Standard Operating Procedures and reporting against Service Level Agreements).
- Manage legal projects and outside counsel for quality assurance, timeliness, compliance with expectations, and progress against goals.
- Collaborate with legal team members to improve processes, provide training, and ensure business needs are met.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- 5+ years of paralegal work or equivalent experience, with at least some experience in a company setting
- Experience supporting litigation and/or regulatory response within a law firm or in-house legal department
- A curious, critical thinker, with excellent judgment and creative problem-solving ability
- Demonstrated organizational and project management skills, including the ability to multitask and manage competing demands
- Passionate about inventing or improving good processes to scale legal operations
- High level of comfort with technology and Internet services
- Fluency with Google drive, docs, sheets and related suite of products
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, collegial attitude, and desire to work on a highly collaborative team
- Enthusiasm, flexibility, and a great sense of humor
- Knowledge and understanding of Twitch
- Experience with video games, esports, social media, or services hosting user generated content
- Previous Program or Project Management experience
- Paralegal certificate
- Experience working on creation or customization of tools used by legal teams, such as JIRA, Confluence, Onna for preservation and e-Discovery
- Relevant technical degree
- Notary Public
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The base pay range for this position in Colorado, Connecticut, Washington and New Jersey is $114,300 - $139,700 yr and in New York City is $125,730 - $153,670 yr.. Pay is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on payment and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Applicants should apply via Twitch's internal or external careers site.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
Twitch values your privacy. Please consult our Candidate Privacy Notice, for information about how we collect, use, and disclose personal information of our candidates.
Job ID: TW7268