Job Title:Senior Paralegal
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
The Senior Paralegal’s role includes, but is not limited to the following tasks/duties:
- Assist lawyers in the preparation and filing of documents required for formation, governance, foreign qualification, withdrawal, merger, and dissolution of corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships, and other legal entities (including coordination with local counsel for non-US entities)
- Assist in drafting board, board committees, and stockholder resolutions and consents and materials for board, board committees. and stockholder meetings
- Build and maintain corporate minute books for parent company and its US and Canadian subsidiaries
- Build and maintain library of corporate governance documents and forms
- Serve as internal resource for information regarding corporate records, organizational structure, and other governance related items, including compiling responses to audit and diligence requests
- Assist in preparation of SEC filings, including in drafting of Section 16 filings
- Maintain and update EDGAR codes, powers of attorney, filing signatures, and other documentation and administrative items related to SEC filings
- Assist with D&O questionnaires, proxy materials, and annual meeting preparation and documentation
- Coordinate signatures, notarizations, and legalization of various legal documents
- Assist with administration and updating of compliance programs, including administration of insider trading compliance
- Assist with business transactions and related due diligence
- Handle routine correspondence, organization of files, and other administrative tasks
- Maintain entity org chart and circulate quarterly
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or Paralegal Certificate, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 10+ years corporate or paralegal experience preferred
- Experience in a sophisticated legal environment (at a law firm or in-house position with a major corporation) also a plus
- Strong academic and professional credentials
- Outstanding written and communications skills
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Ability to work with a wide range of individuals, including senior management
- Experience with GEMS or other similar online entity management tool preferred
- Experience with Workiva or similar SEC filing preparation software a plus
COVID-19 Hiring Update
This role is anticipated to be assigned to work fully on-site at an Activision Blizzard office.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet.
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered.
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/.In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $38.85 - $71.83 Hourly. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.