Senior People Operations Partner
The People Operations team plays a critical role at the center of Discord, building out the infrastructure and tools that enable global operations and efficiency across our rapidly growing organization.
People Services is a subteam of People Operations, serving as the nucleus of the organization’s operations by managing and optimizing multiple cross-functional business processes, maintaining a high level of data integrity, and serving as the first point of contact for employee and business partner inquiries.
What You'll Be Doing
- Serve as lead on projects and initiatives to build out global people services infrastructure, including but not limited to driving for increased automation in key business processes; managing design and maintenance of our new internal knowledge base and People file systems; and increasing employee and manager self-service; responsible for project design, implementation, rollout and change management as applicable.
- Actively drive People data, process and system improvements with goals to improve operational efficiencies and positively impact employee education and enablement.
- Ensure internal workstreams and processes meet global needs and requirements; collaborate on creative solutions to globalize processes, workflows and documentation.
- Manage People Operations audits and controls in partnership with Internal Audit.
- Create and maintain Standard Operations Procedures (SOPs) and process workflows. Train employees to ensure understanding of critical processes and procedures. Proactively review processes and implement improvements.
- Effectively partner with all areas across Discord specifically, but not limited to, Global Onboarding, Legal, Compliance, People Systems, People Analytics, People Partners, IT, Finance, Payroll, managers, employees and business groups.
You Will Thrive In This Role If
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in a People/HR Operations environment
- Advanced experience with Workday
- Advanced experience with Google Suite; strong spreadsheet/database skills
- Experience with a case management and customer support system, such as Zendesk
- A commitment to and track record of delivering high touch, world class service to internal and external customers
- Adaptability and openness to learning and incorporating new processes and solutions
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving capability
- Strong prioritization skills and results-orientation
- Excellent and dynamic verbal, written and communication skills; must be capable of communicating information to diverse audiences in a virtual and in-person environment
- Comfortable interfacing with all types of people
- A passion for and understanding of Discord’s mission and values
- Experience with employee lifecycle support, engagement and culture a strong plus
- Experience with Lucidchart, Dropbox, Microsoft Office, Asana and Notion for office communication
New York City residents only: Minimum salary of $133,000/year + equity and benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by NYC Pay Transparency Law
Colorado residents only: Minimum salary of $119,700/year + equity and benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20).
#Buildbelonging #LI-Remote #LI-KG1
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 16+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO + use-what-you-need sick days
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- Volunteer time off
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
We’re working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider, where genuine human connection is a click, text chat, or voice call away. A place where everyone can find belonging. Challenging? Heck yes. Rewarding? Double heck yes. It’s a mission that gives us the chance to positively impact millions of people all over the world. So if this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!