Senior Producer - Cutscenes and Cinematics
At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world’s top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-sku titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Foothill Ranch, Irvine, Budapest, Shanghai, Austin, Boise, Seoul, and Parksville, Canada are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
What We Need:
Do you prize efficiency, productivity, and the satisfaction that comes from helping a team do their best work? Do you care about storytelling in games, from moments of wild spectacle to shocking character development that raises the stakes on the play experience? Have experience with motion capture, script supervision, animation pipelines, scheduling, organization, planning and scope management? If you check a few of these boxes, and love cinematic moments and cutscenes in games, we’d love to talk to you.
This role works with teams responsible for WWE Superstar entrances, victories, and mid-match moments, plus modes like MyRise and Showcase—story-driven experiences that allow players to relive great moments in WWE history, or make their own, with a Superstar that they build. You’ll work most closely with animation teams to help organize, track and prioritize a host of efforts, from motion capture to feedback to integration and troubleshooting. Finally, you’ll handle scope, balancing your team’s capacity to deliver great work with cross-team schedule and launch goals.
WWE2K is an exciting and challenging game with a diverse set of features and requirements. You will grow and develop in many different areas, learning from a highly skilled team while working on cutting-edge technology. We are open to candidates who consider themselves game-makers, regardless of platform or development, tool, or backend focus. A list of qualifications is provided below, but please do not hesitate to apply if you don’t meet 100% of the requirements.
What You Will Do:
- Work with a team of artists, engineers and designers to prioritize, plan and deliver highly polished cinematic moments set against the backdrop of the WWE brand and Superstars
- Decompose long term efforts into incremental steps; handle scope; plan and communicate road maps, risks, deadlines and goals
- Troubleshoot and drive solutions in animation and production pipelines
- Coordinate with central teams to plan and implement motion capture, from stage setup to data delivery
- Instrument your production through Jira or other project tracking system; create transparency for partners, and clarity for your team
- Arrange and document feedback sessions; work with your team to iterate and constantly improve
- Manage dependencies with other teams to ensure requirements for gameplay, graphics, concept, character and environment modeling, testing, tools and workflows are all known and tracked
Who Will be a Great Fit:
- Four or more years’ game production experience
- One or more shipped games with significant scope of ownership (large feature or mode)
- Outstanding project management capabilities, documentation, tracking and transparency
- Expert written and verbal communication skills; organization, collaboration, calm under pressure
- Attention to detail and completeness, ability to see around corners, anticipate issues
- Ability to synthesize and document a vision; high quality standards
- Familiarity with development tooling: Perforce, Jira, etc.
- Experience working with artists, animation pipelines in a development environment
- Passion and love for video games (not just ours!)
- Previous experience producing narrative, motion capture, and scripting
- Project management training in Scrum or other agile framework
- Expertise in Shotgrid and Jira, project dashboards, tracking
To learn more about Visual Concepts and our studio locations, check out our website at www.vcentertainment.com
The pay range for this position in California at the start of employment is expected to be between $90,000 and $160,000 per year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an 'at-will position' and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.