Senior Producer, Unannounced Survival Game
Team Name:Unannounced Project
Job Title:Senior Producer, Unannounced Survival Game
We Want You
A new world and a new journey await you. It is a world different from any other Blizzard has created.
We’d love to talk to you if you are a passionate senior game producer, and, well, an all-around good human being. We have a new AAA survival game in the works, set in a new IP for PC/Console. It’s going to be amazing, and we are excited to bring you along for the ride. Together, we’ll build something big, bold, and beautiful.
As a Senior Game Producer on the team, you will have a strong understanding of game development guidelines and production methodologies, collaborating with our teams to ensure achievable goals are outlined and realized throughout the phases of development. When particularly hard problems arise, you will draw upon your diverse experience and the collective creativity of the groups you support to remove blockers and produce a Blizzard-worthy game.
We believe our team is good. Really good. Granted, we’re obviously biased. But we also believe there are lots of people out there who can make us even better. You could be one of those people. If you’re looking for a team where inclusion, thoughtfulness, empathy, professionalism, and collaboration are all seen as critically important, we believe our team could be a phenomenal fit for you. Join us and help craft our future!
COVID-19 Hiring Update:
We've transitioned to a work-from-home model, and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
You’re good at:
- Creating an environment that empowers others to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
- Championing the team by building a culture of empowerment and self-accountability
- Celebrating the successes of others and maintaining a high team morale
- Partnering with Lead and Senior Producers to assist with the daily tasking and prioritizing of the team
- Collaborating with the Production team to ensure clear goals are set for milestones and realized during development
- Practicing modern game development standard methodologies, and production practices.
- Creating roadmaps and schedules that provide the team with clear visibility and line-of-sight on achieving future project milestones
- Facilitating team ceremonies such as weekly syncs, milestone planning, build reviews, playtests, brainstorm sessions, and feature kickoffs
- Creating alignment between partners and facilitating the flow of information to achieve a shared understanding of the goals and results within the team.
- Providing effective and constructive feedback to the team, providing suggestions and solutions for improvement when applicable
- Serving as an ambassador of Blizzard core values and team values; "Leading Responsibly" in all interactions and activities
- Being the calm in the storm – keeping cool, and acting deliberately in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
Extra awesome points for:
- Keeping up with the razor’s edge of industry trends including new game genres, new game development methodologies, and emergent technology
- Experience supporting cross-discipline teams and coordinating the delivery of large features whose dependencies span multiple teams
- A solid understanding of production pipelines: how to establish and evolve them
- Ability to communicate effectively with engineering, art, design, audio, and QA
- Possessing steadfast self-motivation and initiative – helping teams make progress
- Being a force for good - always acting in the team and game's best interest
- Experience using JIRA and Confluence
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.