Senior Product Designer
Unity is looking for a product designer to expand our multiplatform support and offerings. This person will have a tremendous impact across the Unity ecosystem by streamlining how the engine integrates with our partner's technology.
Working with product and engineering teammates, you will reinvent all the ways game developers configure and deploy their games using the Unity platform!
In addition to helping establish our product vision, product designers at Unity work to clarify and advocate value for our users, engender alignment and consistency between products. Our team works to exemplify the highest standards of inclusive design on our way to delivering innovative solutions to millions of Unity creators worldwide!
What you’ll be doing
- Employ design thinking to reason sophisticated technology into intuitive, efficient and joyful product experiences, thereby enabling more creators to be successful.
- Build sketches, storyboards, wireframes, prototypes and high-fidelity comps to communicate product vision to internal and external partners.
- Engage with customers and subject matter authorities to research and validate product decisions.
- Participate in design reviews with leadership to ensure alignment with project goals
- Collaborate with other designers to ensure consistency and coherence across Unity products.
What we’re looking for
- A selective product design portfolio, showcasing project development from concept to shipping, creative thought, a user-centric approach, awareness of technology and design craftmanship, and a desire to promote visual excellence.
- The ability to initiate design conversations within a team or group context, to reason through sophisticated problems and arrive at elegant solutions in a collaborative way.
- Excellent collaborator with strong verbal, visual and written communication skills.
You might also have
- Previous game development experience and/or an understanding of the various considerations that go into delivering a game on multiple platforms (i.e. console, mobile, desktop, VR/AR)
- Familiarity with Unity, and/or other game engines.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.