Senior Product Designer
At Unity, we view success through the lens of Creators. We believe that by providing simple tools for real-time 3D authoring, that we can empower people around the world to create. As part of the Discovery & Onboarding team, you'll help us craft an experience that inspires and simplifies creation by understanding our user and guiding them on a seamless journey where the path from idea to outcome feels like magic.
We're undergoing a dramatic transformation to reimagine our brand, experiences, and products! We are throwing past constraints and assumptions out the window as we build delightful and fun experiences. We know real change is hard work, which is why we need people who are aligned with our values and ready to make a serious impact on the world.
Reporting to the Creative Director for Product Design, this role will work side-by-side with Engineering, Product, and Design leadership, and partner with organizations across Unity.
What you’ll be doing
- Contribute to our users first culture and passion by designing, implementing, and distilling research initiatives that inform business, product, and feature decisions.
- You'll communicate complex ideas, feedback, and insights succinctly and thoughtfully to encourage engagement and understanding across the team.
- Build user-centric stories advised by market analysis, customer feedback, and user research insights that go to market every month. You’ll interact directly with customers to understand their struggles with the product / UX and adapt designs to better meet their needs.
- Collaborate like mad with partners and peers around the globe in an inclusive environment to improve the overall user experience and enhance business impact. You’ll deliver insights (written, verbal, video) at the speed of the business (supporting monthly releases).
Connect the dots. As a critical member of the team, you become comfortable with a broad spectrum of research techniques, and this enables you to provide insight and inspiration that marries data with instincts.
What we’re looking for
- Experience working with user experience, human computer interaction, and new technologies. A strong portfolio demonstrating strategic approach to past projects and business impact.
- The ability to clearly articulate your thinking, process, challenge assumptions respectfully, and give and receive feedback.
- You know your craft and your strengths and weaknesses. You work quickly with a sense of urgency, but without rushing. You are flexible and forward-thinking, moving at the pace of creativity and culture
- You’re a phenomenal teammate. You bring good energy and know that we need all hands working together to elevate each of us. You mesh and play with all the different fields.
- You’re passionate about growth. You’re not precious, you are resilient and know this is about getting the right work into the world above all else. You understand the stakes. You know this isn’t about any one of us but the change that together we must make in the world.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.