Senior Product Designer - Environment Tools
Unity is looking for a senior product designer to lead product design for ground breaking authoring technologies using Weta and Unity tools. This is an opportunity to bring new levels of artistic control and visual fidelity into the hands of a truly global audience, working on a suite of authoring tools from the ground up.
Working directly with product management, engineering leaders, designers, and artists, this person will play a key role in enabling the next generation of artists to create visually outstanding content, consistently and efficiently at scale, with new accessible tools. The right candidate will combine design ability with a natural curiosity for technology, knowledge of environment creation or VFX pipelines and a passion for empowering artists.
You will collaborate with other designers to establish our product vision, whilst advocating for our users, bring alignment and consistency between products, and exemplify the highest standards of inclusive design, on the way to delivering innovative solutions to artists worldwide.
What you’ll be doing
- Apply your design skills to turn complex technology into intuitive, efficient and joyful artist tools, thereby enabling more creators to achieve their vision.
- Work with product management, product design, technical and production artists, UX research and engineering leads to develop and refine product strategy, establish clear design goals, and promote a culture of innovation, collaboration, and inclusivity.
- Create sketches, storyboards, wireframes, prototypes and high-fidelity comps to communicate product vision to internal and external partners.
- Engage with subject matter experts to research and validate product decisions.
- Conduct design reviews with senior leadership to ensure alignment with project goals, and collaborate with other designers to ensure consistency and coherence across Unity products.
What we’re looking for
- A design portfolio, showcasing project development from concept to shipping, creative thought, a user-centric approach, awareness of technology and design craftsmanship, and a desire to promote visual excellence.
- The ability to initiate design conversations within a team or group context, to reason through complex problems, and arrive at elegant solutions in a collaborative way.
- Previous experience with product design in content authoring tools.
- Excellent collaborator with strong verbal, visual and written communication skills.
You might also have
- Experience designing consumer or professional products for multiple platforms.
- Experience with motion design or graphic design
- Familiarity with Unity, and/or other game engines.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2022, more than 70% of the top 1000 mobile games were made with Unity as derived from a blended number of the top 1000 games in the Google Play Store and Apple App Store. In 2022, Made with Unity Applications had more than 4 billion downloads per month. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
International relocation support is not available for this position