Senior Product Designer - NYC
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Games Digital Marketing Team create innovative digital experiences to expand and further enhance our players’ relationship with Rockstar Games’ suite of innovative products.
- We lead a range of projects that include website, social, and other digital marketing experiences.
- We improve existing features and architect new, exciting solutions to support the continued enhancement of the digital experience for our community.
- We collaborate with and ensure workflow efficiency across all marketing, product, creative, and publishing teams.
- Create best-in-class experiences for large-scale websites, applications, and other digital products.
- Translate product goals, business requirements, marketing objectives, and user insights into purposeful, engaging, well-designed experiences.
- Build high-fidelity prototypes to communicate your designs, validate design decisions, pitch concepts to stakeholders and/or for user testing.
- Craft refined, innovative, user-focused micro-interactions to elevate and simplify your designs.
- Partner with Engineers to bring your designs to life, keeping technical constraints top of mind throughout your design process and helping to work through issues as they arise.
- Build scalable UI components that can be used by other designers across various products–thinking about scalability, accessibility, usability and consumer needs.
- Approach design from a user’s perspective, listening to users and prioritizing their needs alongside business goals and technical capabilities.
- Effectively communicate ideas and design decisions to colleagues, stakeholders, and cross-functional partners.
- Balance technical constraints while staying true to the look and feel, and overall art-direction of Rockstar’s products.
- 6-10 years of experience designing and shipping large-scale, customer-facing digital products.
- Experience working with highly technical teams to deliver ambitious projects.
- Experience leading design projects and providing mentorship to other designers.
- Experience creating UI designs, components, flows and documentation with a high level of craft and keen eye for detail.
- Experience contributing to and utilizing a design system.
- Solid foundation and understanding of UX methodology and user-centered design.
- Solid understanding of accessibility and inclusivity best practices.
- Proficient in modern design and prototyping tools (Figma, FigJam, Principle, Framer, Adobe CC).
- Refined visual design skills and sensibility.
- Keen attention to detail and care for design execution.
- Deep understanding of responsive web best practices, capabilities, and limitations.
- A desire to share knowledge and expertise and to help others improve their skills.
- Team-oriented with the ability to effectively communicate, provide feedback, and inspire teammates.
- Ability to problem-solve from a systems perspective, and not just one-off approaches.
- Show initiative when presented with a problem, even when that problem is presented as a solution.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Design-related BA/BFA.
- A solid understanding of Rockstar as a brand and our games.
- Experience; or strong interest in graphic, motion design, typography and color theory.
- Ability to learn new software/technologies quickly.
- A love of video games, film, and entertainment.
- All applications must be accompanied by a portfolio to be considered.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.
The pay range for this position in New York City at the start of employment is expected to be between the range below* per year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an "at-will position" and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.