Senior Product Policy Specialist
We are looking for Product Policy Specialist with a passion for understanding technology's impact on our users and society. The Product Policy Specialist will report to the Product Policy Manager to lead our efforts to build safe products in collaboration with Product and Engineering.
In this role within our Policy team, there will be potential exposure to sensitive or graphic content, including but not limited to vulgar language, violent threats, and other graphic images.
What you'll be doing
- You will partner with Product, Engineering, and Design to find and address safety risks in new product changes
- Develop knowledge about Discord's products, internal tools, and infrastructure
- Work with Platform Policy and Trust & Safety to evaluate policy impacts on new product changes and scope the requirements to support those teams
- You will develop responsible product development content, such as training, guides, talking points, strategies, and presentations, for engagement with all partners
- Write user-facing communications to explain our products and safety features through
What you should have
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education / experience
- Experience working on relevant issues such as responsible product development, trust & safety, advocacy for marginalized communities, or similar functions in non-profit, community organizations, or tech
- Passion for mitigating the unintended impact of the online communication services on users and society
- Experience working directly with product, engineering, design, and research partners
- Commitment to diversity, inclusion, and belonging
- Familiarity with Discord as a user; whether you're active or lurking on servers, let us know!
- Experience in international social issues or policy development
New York City residents only: Minimum salary of $133,000 + equity and benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by NYC Pay Transparency Law
Colorado residents only: Minimum salary of $119,700 + equity and benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20)
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 16+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO + use-what-you-need sick days
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Generous stipends for headphones, your remote work setup, and lunch on a daily basis (while we’re all remote)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- Volunteer time off
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
We’re working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider, where genuine human connection is a click, text chat, or voice call away. A place where everyone can find belonging. Challenging? Heck yes. Rewarding? Double heck yes. It’s a mission that gives us the chance to positively impact millions of people all over the world. So if this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!