Senior Program Manager, Marketing Operations
The Discord family is looking for a Senior Program Manager for our Marketing Operations team. As the Sr. Program Manager, you will lead a team of Project Managers by driving priorities through seamless daily operations and strong stakeholder alignment, with an eye towards scale and efficiency. You serve as the senior level connection point for the Program Management team between critical business functions such as Marketing, Product, Finance, Legal and Comms teams. Day to day, you are a strategic partner to our Marketing teams in the prioritization and cadence of initiatives.
You have demonstrated strong performance in your prior roles; you can impact decisions at all levels; you thrive in ambiguity and demonstrate problem-solving leadership. We are a collaborative team that focuses on creating high-quality experiences that elevate Discord above everything else. You will report to the Director of Marketing Operations.
What you'll be doing
- Develop and strengthen trusted, collaborative relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, partners and senior leaders; keeping them informed of progress, opportunities and changing priorities at all times.
- Partner with marketing leadership to define the goals, roadmap, and operational model for how to engage with other cross-functional team members within the organization such as Product and Engineering.
- Cultivate, negotiate and manage relationships with external Marketing partners
- Work cross-functionally to create and implement robust frameworks, systems, processes and workflows to ensure that Marketing programs are integrated into other teams and their work.
- Support team in facilitating regular project status and review meetings, ensuring the right stakeholders and cross-functional team members are involved at the right time.
What you should have
- 10+ years experience in program/project management or consultancy within Marketing
- 4+ years experience hiring and managing a team
- The ability to hit the ground running on a growing team, navigate complex situations and provide structure and clarity for the team
- Ability to guide cross-functional teams towards decisions and execution
- Strong experience developing, implementing and iterating on robust processes within quickly evolving teams
- Experience managing external agencies including negotiation and scope-of-work development across creative and media
- Excellent program management skills, managing multiple complex projects simultaneously and with multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated capacity for strategic, critical thinking and analysis. You can understand the big picture and the value of differing perspectives
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills especially with uncharted territory and new concepts
- Have an ability to reconcile differing viewpoints and create a compelling story to influence decisions of stakeholders
- Experience using Asana
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Experience at an agency, Consumer tech or global marketing experience
New York City residents only: Minimum salary of $171,000/year + equity and benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by NYC Pay Transparency Law.
Colorado residents only: Minimum salary of $136,800/year + equity and benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20).
#buildbelonging #LI-KS1 #LI-Remote
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 16+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO + use-what-you-need sick days
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- Volunteer time off
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
We’re working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider, where genuine human connection is a click, text chat, or voice call away. A place where everyone can find belonging. Challenging? Heck yes. Rewarding? Double heck yes. It’s a mission that gives us the chance to positively impact millions of people all over the world. So if this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!