We are looking for a Senior General Programmer to assist our Lead Programmer and highly talented Unity-based VR team. In this role, you will work on gameplay and non-gameplay features, perform code reviews for your peers, and work together with other disciplines (art, sound, design, test, etc.) to bring our shared vision to market. You can expect a highly collaborative environment where knowledge is freely shared and help is always available. Exact job title will be based on experience level.
This is a permanent position based in Düsseldorf, Germany, and requires working onsite.
- Design and implement game features in Unity and C#
- Perform code reviews and offer helpful insights before code is merged to mainline
- Work in Agile iterations to implement, enhance, refactor, optimize features
- Identify risks and opportunities presented during the development and provide solutions to resolve potentially complex problems
- Provide feedback for peers and team process to facilitate continuous improvement
- Sharpen and expand your skill set to keep us on the cutting edge of VR development
- Assist the Lead Programmer in the hiring and interview processes as needed
- Master, Bachelor or equivalent degree in computer science or engineering
- 5+ years of software development experience and strong Unity and C# skills
- Shipped AAA titles or a strong portfolio of Indie titles and personal projects
- Proficiency in designing, coding, debugging, refactoring, profiling, and optimizing new and existing systems with excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to work efficiently with a large team and an existing code base
- A passion for VR and gaming
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written
- Great communication skills and a positive attitude
- A generous spirit, a desire to learn and grow, and a team-focus
- Experience with modern software development practices (Agile/Scrum, Code Reviews, fast iteration, refactoring, etc.)
- Knowledge of software development environments and associated tools. (e.g., Visual Studio, Perforce, JIRA...)
- Previous room-scale VR development experience in Unity or Unreal
- Experience with Unity’s DOTS (ECS, Job System, Burst Compiler, etc.) or Scriptable Render Pipeline (URP/HDRP/Custom) is a major plus
- Understanding of multi-threaded principles and how to manage them in Unity
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the NRW region.
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
- Company Pension Scheme. We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Lunch & Breakfast Service. Enjoy fresh discounted meals each day.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
- Our Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
- English and German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
- Free fresh Fruit, Coffee, Tea and Water. Enjoy fresh fruit and beverages in our office.
- State-of-the-Art German Humour!
We offer a highly interesting challenge for a team player including the possibility to show personal initiative. If you are passionate about video games and VR and would like to work with like-minded professionals in an international team, please apply via our career portal.
The application must include your resume, portfolio, and a cover letter detailing your earliest starting date, salary expectations and motivation
For further information please check www.bluebyte.ubisoft.com.
Ubisoft Blue Byte GmbH
Luise-Rainer Str. 7
Geschäftsführer: Yves Guillemot
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Düsseldorf
Amtsgericht Düsseldorf HRB Nr. 51772