We are seeking a highly experienced Senior Programmer to join our dynamic software development team. You will be responsible for designing, developing, and implementing high-performance, scalable, and maintainable game applications. You will also be responsible for mentoring and coaching junior developers, and ensuring that our codebase is well-architected, tested and documented.
- Planning and documenting technical specifications with the Project Manager, ensuring a clear roadmap for development and implementation
- Create, debug, maintain, and optimize the game’s engine, editor, and related tools used for the game’s development
- Offer technical solutions, innovate and improve the quality of implementation, performance, and usability of the editor, tools, and toolchain as a whole
- Keep the existing engine and tools up to date by the latest changes occurred in the development pipeline (e.g. new SDKs or middleware versions)
- Implement new game features and services in close partnership with the content team of the project
- Improve existing game features based on design requests
- Provide mentorship to other developers on the team and constructive feedback to ensure code quality and adherence to best practices
- Work with Project Manager to plan task scheduling/resource assignment/risk evaluation
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience in game development, of which one project already served in lead capacity.
- Deep understanding of C++ and C# object-oriented programming principles
- Good knowledge of gameplay programming, AI techniques, etc.
- Experience in cross-platform development and its associated issues, complications, platforms, pipelines and solutions. (Console, PC, mobile)
- Availability to work with new APIs and concepts
- Experience using HTTP/REST APIs to communicate with backend server a plus
- Able to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical parties
- Good English skill is a big plus
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting-edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
We are working to enrich players’ lives through unique and memorable gaming experiences and by improving the positive impacts of our games. To get there, we are creating a safer, more inclusive work environment, we are giving back to the communities where Ubisoft operates by working with local non-profit partners and by working to reduce the environmental impact of our business.
Ubisoft Da Nang - where bright ideas are given a chance to shine
Ubisoft Da Nang is an ambitious studio full of international talents. We are committed to creating worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise and fun.
Since 2020, we are bringing the best creative and engineering talents from Vietnam, Southeast Asia, and the world together to bring Ubisoft worlds to new audiences.
At Ubisoft Da Nang, you will grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. You will be able to work on challenging and interesting projects, that will be displayed at the international level.
Joining our studio is taking the opportunity to grow within the Ubisoft family, to work on our most famous brands either by developing instant party games powered by H5 technology, by creating games on Unity, or by working on web3 projects.
We aim to empower and connect our talents within a dynamic and creative workplace that was awarded the best office design in Vietnam by VMark 2021. Joining Ubisoft Da Nang will give you access to so much! From the beach to the mountains, clean air, no traffic, and proximity to every big city in Southeast Asia, as well as be part of one of the tech hubs in South East Asia.
So, if you share our vision and want to be part of our team, contact us. Join us and create the unknown!
Why it's great to work at Ubisoft Da Nang:
- An international, professional, collaborative, modern, and creative environment
- Attractive remuneration package
- Performance rewards
- Creative & endless fun projects
- Ubisoft Connect account with access to all Ubisoft titles on PC
- Flexible working time
- Premium healthcare insurance
- UBIVERSARY for your working milestones
- Team building, Lunar New year Celebration, Projects celebration
- Beers and treats every Friday (yay!)
- Staff clubs
- Premium gym club access
- Free in-house entertainment facilities (PS5, Nintendo Switch, Steam Deck…), coffee, tea and snack (cookies, candies…)