Senior Python Pipeline Developer (Shotgrid)
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar is currently seeking a highly talented Senior Pipeline Developer focused on our varied automated systems. A strong working knowledge of Python is vital for this role. This is an exciting opportunity to work closely with our game development teams across all disciplines and help drive our tools technology forward to support the creation of all of Rockstar Games projects.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Games Pipeline Team work alongside multiple departments to help integrate workflows into our production tracking software.
- We help to problem solve and diagnose unexpected issues with workflows for many departments.
- We implement automation tasks to track assets for use with our production tracking software.
- We help to integrate and support Shotgrid within our pipeline, including DCC applications and our proprietary production software.
- Work with the Tech Art and Tools team on a wide range of automation-focused tasks within an established and evolving codebase.
- Implement tasks as required by Animation and Art teams to streamline and support the production process.
- Maintain core pipeline systems.
- Design, develop, and support tools and processes which extend and enhance the pipeline.
- Write clear documentations for tools and scripts including video tutorials.
- Experience with Shotgrid API tracking software.
- 3+ years of applicable professional experience as a technical artist / TD / Tools Programmer.
- Extensive experience with Python 2.x / 3.x.
- Experience working with databases (SQL, Mongo, MySql).
- Familiar working with REST API’s and micro-services architecture
- Experience with proprietary or 3rd party automation systems / processes.
- 4+ years of applicable professional experience as a python developer.
- Strong team communication skills.
- Ability to work within a schedule and deliver effectively to deadlines.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience with PyQt or PySide.
- Relevant games development experience, preferably on a AAA game.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.