Senior QA Engineer - Tech Foundations, Gameplay
Riot Sydney is looking for an experienced Quality Engineer to join the Sydney-based Hextech Gameplay team. The Hextech gameplay team develops technology and tools that power the creation of gameplay experiences within League of Legends and Team Fight Tactics.
At Riot, we believe “Quality” is more than the defect discovery process. For us, it’s a set of values, practices, and behaviors that inform every part of the development process. By honing our quality craft and developing strong cross-discipline partnerships we are improving our capacity to rapidly bring outstanding experiences to our players while reaching ever higher degrees of product integrity.
As a Senior QA Engineer, you will work with numerous disciplines to drive holistic quality ownership across the software development life cycle, as well as establishing and executing team-wide quality goals. You will be accountable as the quality lead of an area or product in addition to identifying and implementing quality improvements to the team’s development process. Lastly, you will find and address risks to feature delivery and product quality, and craft data to report on the quality of the product.
- Mature the team’s quality mindset, knowledge and skills within the quality domain
- Conduct quality activities throughout the software development life cycle, including planning, execution, evaluation and reporting
- Define quality goals within the project with your team, measuring these to guide action
- Plan for risks to quality and execute on mitigations
- Collaborate with customers and other QA teams to ensure the team is meeting their needs
- Improve product pipelines and workflows
- Be the voice of the end users
- 3+ years of experience in Software Quality Assurance
- Experience designing and executing test plans
- Experience working embedded with developers and content creators
- Comfortable with deep-dive technical quality analysis i.e. able to raise questions about the technical design of a feature and able to converse with engineers on technical implementations
- Experience tasking remote testers and providing feedback on the effectiveness
- Experience creating custom reports on test coverage and defect data
- 1+ years of experience testing service features or enterprise applications
- Experience using quality management tools such as Jira
- Experience with Perforce and Git
- Bachelor of Computer Science or equivalent
- Preferred Licenses/certifications:
- BBST Foundations
- BBST Test Design
- ISTQB Foundation Level
- ISTQB Agile Tester or ICAgile Agile Testing (ICP-TST)
- ISTQB Expert Level
- ICAgile Test Expert (ICE-AT)
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about players' experiences, this could be your role!
Working closely with Riot teams globally, Riot Sydney is a powerhouse of talent, and experts in global development. Our team works on VALORANT, League of Legends and Teamfight Tactics, alongside exciting R&D and Tech projects.
If you believe that the Player Experience comes first, we want to hear from you. Our players are a diverse group from different backgrounds, and we want to see that reflected in the people who make our games, all qualified applicants will be considered for employment
At Riot we strongly believe in work/life balance, and we encourage that with our open paid time off policy, paid parental leave (for both primary and secondary carers) and flexible work schedules to fit your lifestyle.
We also believe that work should be fun, we have a LAN gaming room, the latest consoles, a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community, and all the snacks you would ever need to power through your day (even healthy snacks!).
And that’s not all we offer, there’s also:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Stipend
- Wellbeing Reimbursement
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Learning and Development opportunities