Senior QA Engineer, Wild Rift Shanghai
QA Engineers are champions for quality, focused on testing to guarantee a holistic understanding of Riot's projects. They create test plans and evaluate both the functional and subjective caliber of projects for a Riot development team. As every project is different, they listen and improve, to put the players and their team first, and to solve ambiguous and complex problems. Most importantly, it's their passion and love for quality that ensures that QA Engineers help us level up and improve our processes, giving players the best experiences while playing our games.
As a QA Engineer on the Shanghai Team, you will own the QA process for a team that supports one or multiple Riot products. You will work with your team of software engineers, content developers, artists, producers and project managers to create value for Players around the world. You will be guided by Riot's Test Policy to ensure the execution of quality activities at every stage of the software development life cycle. Additionally, you will partner with your team to arrive at more efficient solutions to everyday problems and improve delivery. You will also be tasked to work with other QA professionals, often remotely to get your work completed. You will report to the Manager, QA.
- Establish the best practices that help ship great products.
- Hold products and product leadership accountable for including quality as a factor in all decisions.
- Improve quality activities throughout the software development life cycle.
- Establish the metrics that matter, using data to guide action.
- Help call out risks, impact, probability, and help plan mitigation.
- Communicate progress of assigned tasks, and blockers to you and your team’s work.
- You’re considered an expert on the Voice of the Player
- Manage external partner testing teams.
- Experience implementing test approaches as part of an overall test strategy.
- Experience coaching QA team members on test design, planning and execution.
- Experience driving continuous improvement processes within a team.
- Experience tasking remote teams and providing feedback on effectiveness.
- 6+ years Software Quality Assurance Experience, with multiple proven product successes.
- Experience with First Party (Apple, Google PlayStore, Samsung, etc) certification guidelines and submission
- Experience with age ratings, accessibility, and compliance testing guidelines
- Development experience across several platforms; mobile, console, and PC.
- Preferred Licenses/certifications:
- ISTQB Foundation Level
- ISTQB Agile Tester or ICAgile Agile Testing (ICP-TST)
- ISTQB Expert Level
- ISTQB Advanced Test Manager
- ICAgile Test Expert (ICE-AT)
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).