Senior Quality Designer
We exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together accomplished people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow our employees to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
Join us in driving the next revolution in games.
EA Vancouver is looking for Senior Quality Designers to join many of our teams across EA. This is an opportunity to develop new quality practices that aim to improve quality across all teams at EA.
- You will always promote a "Player First" approach and be an advocate for the player in everything we do to help us achieve a high-quality experience for our players.
- You will have the end-to-end ownership of Quality strategy and propose tactical solutions to achieve that strategy.
- You will report progress and status through regular communication with appropriate managers and other team members.
- You will research, analyze, and compile data points spanning multiple sources into cohesive and consumable summaries that demonstrate impact to overall Quality.
- You will articulate trends in a relevant community. Understand what the community wants and expects from a type of game and incorporates that understanding into feedback.
- You will use basic problem-solving techniques (i.e., understands inputs and outputs, uses hypothesis setting and testing, etc.) Works collaboratively with other analysts to solve problems.
- You will provide input to management team to assist decision making; helps assess project impact of available options.
- You are a mentor for peers and junior quality designers, assisting with and growing their knowledge.
- 7+ years’ experience in Game Design, Quality Assurance, or comparable development experience.
- In-depth knowledge of software development practices, including both agile and waterfall methodologies.
- Understanding of quality assurance techniques, frameworks, and methodologies.
- Experience working within a continuous delivery or continuous deployment model.
- Experience working with distributed teams.
- Ability to develop and foster strong working relationships with development partners, customers, support teams, and management.