Senior Quality Engineer
About this Role
Fandom is growing! Our Senior Quality Engineer role is based in Poznan, and reports to our Manager of Quality Engineering.
Our Engineering team is a fan of creating the best platform and digital products for fans around the globe. As a senior member of the Quality Engineering team, you will lead the testing efforts and ensure the features and projects our teams deliver are of the highest quality with a great user experience. You will participate in the planning and technical execution of team goals as well as communication of technical project status with all key stakeholders through sprint retro’s and company demos.
You and your team will research, implement and manage CI/CD and test automation infrastructure that will empower the Quality Engineers and the software development teams to deliver product features as quickly as possible.
You and your team will drive the Incident Management and Escalation process within Engineering as well as being a key stakeholder in setting quality standards.
This is an offer for those who don’t mind working on evenings as we work closely with our team in the US. We will need you everyday between 4pm - 6pm (but not on Friday's:-) )
- Plan, test, and create the test cases (manual and automated) for our stack in different platforms: web pages and mobile apps
- Work on testing plans for Fandom products
- Execute test cases and diagnosing results
- Identify, track, and communicate defects and risks
- Identify problems with code and processes, deliver problem resolution and improvements to make sure your team delivers high-quality products
- Automate integration and acceptance tests using tools like Selenium, WebDriver.io, Jenkins, Playwright
- Close integration with developers and product managers in different locations
- Give feedback to your peers, share knowledge with others, provide mentorship and advice to other Quality Engineers
- 5+ years software testing experience with web-based products
- 3+ years of web testing automation experience
- Experience with both functional and non-functional testing
- Excellent understanding of QA process in Agile environment
- Good with identifying risks and issues early in the development process
- A reputation of learning technologies and domain specific knowledge quickly
- Hands-on experience with automated testing frameworks like Selenium, Webdriver.io or Cypress
- Solid understanding of web environment (HTTP protocol, cookies, AJAX)
- Good software development skills for automation e.g. Java/Python or other object oriented language
- Fluency in English and strong communication skills
- Eager to learn, share knowledge, ask questions, take initiative and make improvements and suggestions
- Hands on experience working with CI/CD systems like Jenkins
- Experience with monitoring and alerting systems
- Familiar with AWS products such as Lambda, SQS, DynamoDB
Benefits & Perks
- Premium private medical and dental healthcare for you and your family - it's fully covered
- Private life insurance - UNUM - includes medical child assistance and general medical assistance in Poland
- Stock options
- Cafeteria Benefit Plan - 160 points every month to spend on Multisport, cinema tickets, or prepaid shopping cards (Allegro, Zalando, IKEA+)
- Copyright %
- MacBook Pro and all the gear you need for work
Fandom powers fan experience. We are the world's largest fan platform. Reaching more than 315 million unique visitors per month and hosting more than 250,000 wikis, Fandom.com is the #1 source for in-depth information on pop culture, gaming, TV and film, where fans learn about and celebrate their favorite fandoms.
Fandom is an equal opportunity employer. Fandom values diversity, and all employment decisions are made on the basis of job requirements and individual qualifications.