Dec 21, 2022
Redmond, United States
Nintendo of America Inc.
The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Nintendo Switch™ system and the Nintendo 3DS™ family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System™, Nintendo has sold more than 4.5 billion video games and more than 710 million hardware units globally, including Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, as well as the Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS™ family of systems, Super NES™, Nintendo 64™, Nintendo GameCube™, Wii™ and Wii U™ systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names, such as Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Zelda and Pokémon. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo’s operations in the Americas. For more information about Nintendo, please visit the company’s website at http://www.nintendo.com.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Responsible for full cycle recruiting including sourcing, screening, interviewing and hiring.
- Develops effective ideas and creative solutions to streamline and improve the process of recruiting for active and passive candidates.
- Communicates effectively and collaborates across HR and business groups to maximize efforts to identify and hire qualified candidates.
- Manages workflow, data integrity and communication through Taleo applicant tracking system and other recruiting data sources.
- Partners with external staffing and recruiting agencies on contingent and retained and workforce planning initiatives.
- Creates marketing and candidate attraction strategies for unique or hard to fill positions.
- Seeks to understand and then educates internal customers on interviewing techniques and recruiting best practices.
- Effectively negotiates competitive offers of employment including immigration and relocation support.
- Represents the company at job fairs, career fairs, and other events related to talent acquisition.
- Proactively maintains effective relationships with recruiters, external agencies, social media connections, job board partners, and internal and external talent communities.
- Prepares reports, analysis, and summaries
- May supervise contingent staff or manage an employee.
- May require limited travel for recruiting or training purposes.
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS
- 5 to 10+ years of related recruiting experience, preferably in a corporate environment.
- Demonstrated ability to fill requisitions quickly, in a competitive market, within competitive job types.
- Experience mentoring junior to mid-level team members.
- Comprehensive technical and functional knowledge of state and federal employment labor laws.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office suite of products with emphasis on Outlook, Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Ability to demonstrate effective use of social media and other emerging trends and technologies.
- Working knowledge of Taleo applicant tracking system is preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills and effective ability to prioritize competing obligations for a variety of customers.
- Ability to work effectively in a highly confidential, fast-paced environment producing quality work product on time and with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of Nintendo products, services, departments and jobs is helpful.
- Comprehensive knowledge of HR functions.
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Human Resources, a related field, or equivalent.
- AIRS certification preferred.
- PHR preferred.