Senior Rendering Engineer - Infinity Ward
Job Title:Senior Rendering Engineer - Infinity Ward
Infinity Ward is currently seeking a talented Senior Rendering Engineer to join our development team.
The ideal candidate will be someone with a passion for graphics, enjoys working closely with content creators, and has experience with real-time simulations/games. You should feel comfortable working in most areas of the rendering pipeline, but also have an area of interest where you’ve spent some time focusing your energy.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Work with the engine team to develop cutting edge rendering technology for our next AAA title.
- Work closely with the content team to understand the desired visual results.
- Write and maintain robust, high-quality code which meets performance goals given the challenging technical constraints of the target platforms.
- Analyze, optimize, and improve existing rendering pathways and content creator workflows.
- Contribute ideas for features and improvements as the engine evolves.
- Communicate and educate fellow developers about implemented features and rendering technologies in general.
- Adhere to team coding standards and best practices.
- Understand and embrace the constraints of a game development cycle. (you know when bug fixing, and optimization become more important than new features)
- B.S. (or higher) in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years of graphics programming experience, including Xbox One, PS4 or equivalent platform development.
- Knowledge of performance and memory constraints as they relate to game development.
- Strong 3D math skills and low-level engine experience are essential.
- Good understanding of multi-threaded programming.
- Strong understanding in modern 3D graphics APIs. (Direct3D11+, OpenGL4.0+)
- Excellent debugging and performance analysis skills.
- Working knowledge of modern-day GPU hardware and typical performance bottlenecks: Xbox One, PS4, GCN/Kepler + etc.
- Working knowledge of writing gpu shaders.
About Infinity Ward
Founded in 2002, Infinity Ward is the original studio behind the Call of Duty® franchise. The titles developed by Infinity Ward have won more than 200 "Game of the Year" awards and 100 "Editor's Choice" awards, among many other industry accolades. Some of our previous titles include: Call of Duty®: Ghosts, Call of Duty®: Infinite Warfare and most recently, Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare. Infinity Ward employs more than 250 people in Woodland Hills, CA, just outside of Los Angeles.
A critically acclaimed studio, Infinity Ward is proud to have one of the most passionate and talented development teams in the industry. We love to have as much fun as the games we create, and it shows in our relaxed, yet diligent, workplace environment. We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we like to look after ours. We enjoy having fun with top-notch events that everyone gets involved with.
Infinity Ward is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at https://www.infinityward.com/, on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/InfinityWard/, and @InfinityWard on Twitter.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Infinity Ward is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.