The Ubisoft Paris Mobile studio's Engine & Tools team (comprising seven people in Paris and five in Bordeaux) is looking for a Senior Rendering Programmer to join the production of an unannounced mobile AAA project based on a well-known Ubisoft licence.
Your main missions will be to :
- Help define the project's graphic needs along with artists and the producer
- Produce optimized shaders
- Produce and implement AAA FX and post FX (Bloom, Motion Blur, HDR, SSAO, Particles, Volumetric Lights, DOF, etc.)
- Optimize GPU performance and settings in order to obtain the best framerate/quality balance
- Develop tools that will enable artists and gameplay programmers to be self-sufficient
- Remain up-to-date on best practices and new techniques in order to identify tomorrow’s visual must-haves
- Benchmark what competitors do, and be a driving force behind proposals
To succeed in this job, you must:
- You have at least 3 years’ experience in a Senior Programmer position or similar, and have developed at least one 3D game
- Excellent mathematical knowledge
- Perfect knowledge of AAA rendering techniques and associated FX
- Good knowledge of GPU programming (GLSL or HLSL)
- Knowledge of Open GLES and/or Direct 3D is a plus
- Experience with Unity
- You are fond of mobile games
- You are independent, proactive, and possess very good interpersonal skills
- You have a great enthusiasm for graphics
- Good English skills
After an initial phone conversation with a Recruiter, you will be invited to the studio in Montreuil for two interviews: a first technical interview with Pascal Brangier, the position's Manager, and a second interview with the Studio Manager and the HR Manager.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
All information will be treated as confidential in accordance with the Employment Equity Act.