Senior Scriptwriter - Assassin’s Creed Brand
As a Senior Scriptwriter at Ubi Quebec, you'll be part of a collaborative team focused on creating a rich experience for players in an open world that allows them to make meaningful choices.
You will write and integrate narrative elements that make up a living, breathing, reactive world. You will craft content that gives purpose and emotion to the people, places, and things within that world. You will bring an experienced eye that will be on the lookout for areas of improved efficiency, and a heart that facilitates a progressive and healthy narrative team with the common goal of creating a fantastic game.
What you’ll do
- Partner with the team to understand the overall game vision.
- Work closely with leads and directors to bring the game to life.
- Brainstorm and research ideas + discuss your findings with collaborative, cross-discipline teams.
- Pitch your ideas, write proposals, outlines, and complete scripts to support story, quests, and gameplay elements.
- Be a proactive member of the team with an eye for innovation in narrative design and storytelling.
- Master Oasis, Ubisoft’s proprietary writing tool and keep your story elements error-free.
- Act as a mentor to the more junior scriptwriters on the team.
- Create and maintain narrative documentation (character bios, location descriptions, item descriptions, etc.) to guide cross-functional teams throughout production. In certain cases, follow up on your content post-launch and rework it based on player feedback (improve, add, or remove narrative elements).
- Be open to feedback and willing to write, rewrite, proofread, polish, and repeat in the dynamic environment that game development requires.
- Be able to critically, constructively, and succinctly provide feedback to other team members in support of their script writing.
- Be able to act as a game narrative expert that supports other disciplines in art, audio, and design.
- Work alongside actors and directors on-set or in-booth recordings.
What you bring to the team
- A degree in Creative Writing, Literature, Film, or equivalent.
- A minimum of 5 years of game writing experience or related writing experience with at least one shipped AAA title, ideally in the genre of open world RPGs. Experience with branching narrative a bonus.
- A mature understanding of game design fundamentals and all stages of development.
- A highly creative, collaborative, and innovative spirit.
- Curiosity, flexibility, and plenty of resourcefulness.
- Excellent organizational, communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Ability to adapt to feedback and to improvise.
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills.
- A variety of samples of your best work (attach files or send us a link to your personal website or online portfolio). These samples should total no more than 10 written pages. The samples should demonstrate your ability to tell a story, your knowledge of scene structure, dialogue, and characterization and how those elements apply to games. A demonstration of how you create dramatic branching choices a plus. **Samples must be in English**
Have access to benefits that make a real difference in your day-to-day life :
- A hybrid and flexible work mode, 6 weeks of vacation in your first year, an enriched parental leave, a Ubi gym directly in our offices, a complete group insurance program, access to complete Dialogue telemedicine services, an RRSP with a contribution from Ubisoft, an advantageous bonus program, concrete measures to ensure the right to disconnect, the option of working part-time and much more. Click here for all the details.
- Joining a team of 21,000 Ubisoft employees working across more than 40 locations around the world, are boundby a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come;
- Working for an equal opportunity employer who believes that diversity of backgrounds and perspectives is essential to creating worlds where gamers and their teams can thrive and express themselves. It's about taking on exciting challenges, being at the forefront of cutting-edge technology and being part of the future of entertainment.