Senior Security Engineer
Job Title:Senior Security Engineer
Activision Central Tech works to support our development studios and their titles. Comprising seven main teams, we have many specialties including big data, privacy and security, motion capture and animation pipeline technologies, graphics, build and infrastructure for studio development and data centers, optimization, systems programming, and online services including matchmaking and networking. Central Tech is distributed globally with offices across the U.S., and in Canada, England, Ireland, and Japan. This role is expected to begin and continue as a remote position.
Most of our teams are composed of both engineering and research talent, allowing us to always have an eye on the future. Our talented engineers help with title development and provide valuable knowledge sharing between studios while our researchers make things happen and keep a strong connection with the needs of the game studios.
Central Tech is part of Activision. To learn more about us and our research, please visit us at https://research.activision.com/.
As a Security Integration Engineer you will provide expert analysis and robustly engineered solutions to help strengthen our titles against threats to both gameplay feature and anti-cheating integrity. The role requires an insightful, agile, and pragmatic approach to a constantly evolving threat landscape - balancing both long term capability buildout and being able to react to newly emerging threats. This is a hands-on role, requiring strong programming and reverse-engineering skills. Working as part of an overall engineering team effort, you would be expected to be both hands-on working directly on protecting game features and integrity, in addition to playing a role in a longer-term technology and capability build-out.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Strengthen security and integrity of game title features, ensuring known exploits are corrected and potential threats are addressed.
- Be a priority resource to work side-by-side game engineers, as the engineering support representative of the Central Technology Game Security team.
- Perform R&D into both new techniques and technologies.
- Work closely with experts within the security team to identify the best course of action to protect game features and implement countermeasures to known cheats.
- Identify emerging threats, propose countermeasures, and implement these in a timely manner. Be the game title eyes-and-ears to report back potential issues and make recommendations for areas to improve.
- Be a proactive part of team to monitor and measure effectiveness in anti-cheat efforts.
- Support both engineering and security operations efforts.
- Extensive knowledge of Intel-family processor architecture, mobile processors (such as ARM64) a plus.
- Strong C/C++ development on game titles, including some understanding of assembly code, and solid understanding of source control standard methodologies and hands-on knowledge of P4.
- Reverse engineering, sophisticated debugging, ability to identify code vulnerabilities and exploits.
- Be able to interact with and work directly with game engineering teams.
- Knowledge of social engineering, malware, industry standard methodologies for game and code security.
- Security-focused role on previously published games.
- Be part of a broader live operations or game security effort a plus.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology, and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only improved by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We seek to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as advised by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.