Senior Server Programmer
Ubisoft Halifax is looking for a new addition to our Programming Team! As a Senior Server Developer, you will guide and work closely with our team of server developers to design, build and maintain the back-end services that keep our popular titles running smoothly.
Our Studio is looking for an enthusiastic developer who loves games as much as the technology that drives them. This person will integrate their demonstrated track record of curiosity, ingenuity, an ongoing devotion to personal development, into a small, diverse and close-knit team. A sense of humour is a must!
- Work with client-side stakeholders to plan and design service architectures which meet the needs of our live mobile game requirements.
- Set-up, deploy, monitor, and maintain environments for teams responsible for online micro-services in the cloud.
- Implement tools and workflows to facilitate the safe and controlled deployment of services.
- Set up and improve incident management processes as required;
- Respond to critical live issues when they occur and help devise prevention plans for future incidents.
- Develop and maintain new RESTful APIs and/or microservices
- Play an integral role in the development of applicable Web based Admin Tools.
- Collaborate with team members for the development and improvement of processes and tools to be used across the Programming Department
- Help guide and inspire more junior and intermediate developers in best practices and server development approaches.
- Document existing and new processes and workflows to allow rapid transfer of knowledge to help ramp up new developers to the team.
- A minimum of five (5) years professional experience as a server developer;
- A graduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent work experience;
- Senior-level knowledge of general network concepts and technologies (e.g. TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, Routing, Firewalls, Proxies, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience working in Online Service Operations.
- Lots of experience working in command-line environments with POSIX command shells.
- Strong understanding of optimal Data Structure & Algorithms.
- Highly competent in working autonomously as well as within a team.
- A solution-oriented and client-centric mindset.
- A demonstrated track-record of critical thinking, resourcefulness, and as needed flexibility.
- Experience with container technology; Docker, Kubernetes, and CI/CD Processes.
- A functional understanding of database administration and SQL.
- Experienced with React and related technologies
- Experience working directly on or with a game team to provide live game services.
- Experience with cloud providers (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud)
- Experience with designing solutions at scale.
What can we offer you!
- Competitive salary scale
- Additional paid time off over the Christmas holiday break
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision care.
- A hybrid working model
- Flexible work hours to provide a healthy work/life balance
- Summer months bring ‘Summer Fridays’
- And an international and diverse team
As Ubisoft's first exclusively Mobile studio, our focus is on originality and functionality. Creating new projects and developing Flagship Ubisoft IPs. Our position on the tip of the East Coast is strategic in terms of studio efficiency (closest to European and American Time zones), and creativity (biggest game hub east of Montreal).
Our studio is located in the heart of the city (Halifax, Kjipuktuk in the Mi'kmaw native language).The Halifax Harbour is in view from our windows, and lunch breaks can be spent on the boardwalk or at one of the many restaurants and cafes that populate the downtown core. The studio culture is dynamic, with communication happening constantly between teams with an emphasis on team building and collaboration!
Halifax is to Canada, what Boston is to the States, a founding City full of forts, historic buildings, and award-winning modern architecture. Being a city with three Universities, Halifax boasts tons of nightlife, world class restaurants, and for the outdoors types: unparalleled yet affordable outdoor adventures.
We Value Diversity!
Here at Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to lend a helping hand. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Please apply through the Ubisoft website https://www.ubisoft.com/en-US/careers/search.aspx
- Cover letter including salary expectations (in pdf).
- Current CV/ Resume. Please make sure that the durations of your education and employment on your resume are included in month/year format. (in pdf)
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to the volume of inquires, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.