Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Unity is the world's leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. We are looking for forward-thinking engineers to be part of our global Site Reliability Engineering organization. We seek self-starters with a positive “Can Do” attitude, a strong work ethic, and an unparalleled commitment to the customer.
As a Reliability engineering team, our charter is build tools and processes that help to increase reliability and resiliency of Unity services. We build tools which to facilitate incident management as well as to measure, detect, and prevent production issues. We build systems that provide insights into working software. And we use processes and communication to work with other teams to create a culture of reliability.
As Reliability engineers, we believe in several philosophies to help with our mission. To mention a few - we believe in the power of automation, ability to move the needle on reliability of hundreds of services at once, and adopt a data-driven approach that allows us to make measurable improvements and to take calculated risks.
What you’ll be doing
- Develop and maintain our Observability Platform and also contribute towards other reliability engineering related automation/tooling, and
- Work with development teams to enable them to achieve a high level of service resiliency
- Participate and champion in defining Site Reliability policies and processes
- Advocate for infrastructure improvements and standard methodologies across Unity Engineering
- Participate as level 2 on oncall issues to facilitate incident management and post-mortem reviews on need basis
What we’re looking for
- Proficiency with modern languages like Golang or Python
- Proficiency with cloud environments and container technology. Examples include but are not limited to GCP / Azure / AWS. and GKE / AKS / EKS.
- Proficiency with infrastructure-as-code and CI/CD tools (eg: Terraform, Jenkins, Helm, etc)
- Proficiency in debugging and solving production issues.
- Experience with Linux and standard tooling (Bash, Git, etc.)
You might also have
- Experience with building and maintaining monitoring, logging, and/or tracing related systems
- Prometheus (ex. Of tools observability)
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.