Senior Site Reliability Engineer
At Unity, we are the world's leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. We deeply understand the critical importance of reliability in today's fast-paced digital world. Our infrastructure, systems, and applications play a pivotal role in delivering seamless experiences to our customers.
Our team of Site Reliability Engineers plays a crucial role in enhancing reliability and resiliency through streamlined incident management tools, real-time monitoring, and proactive issue detection. They ensure service maturity, scalability, establish SLOs and drive continuous evaluation and improvement for reliability standards.
If you are passionate about ensuring the smooth operation of sophisticated systems and thrive on minimizing downtime and enhancing performance, this Senior SRE role is made for you!
What you’ll be doing
- Contributing to reliability engineering automation and tooling: You will play a key role in developing and maintaining automation solutions and tools that support reliability engineering initiatives.
- Partnering with development teams: You will enable them to achieve a high level of service resiliency in providing guidance, sharing best practices, and implementing reliability engineering principles and techniques within their projects.
- Participating in defining Site Reliability policies and processes and help shape the culture of reliability within the company.
- Advocating for infrastructure improvements and standard methodologies: As an SRE, you will be an advocate for these improvements and the adoption of standard methodologies across Unity Engineering.
- Assisting in incident management and post-mortem reviews: As part of the team, you will participate as a level 2 on on-call duty, providing support during critical incidents.
What we’re looking for
- Proficiency with cloud environments and container technology, such as GCP, Azure, AWS, K8s, Load Balancing or NGINX.
- Proficiency with infrastructure-as-code and CI/CD tools (eg: Terraform, Jenkins, Helm, ArgoCD)
- Comfortable with modern languages like Golang or Python
- Proficiency in debugging and solving production issues.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
You might also have
- Experience with building and maintaining monitoring, logging, and/or tracing related systems
- Experience with managing high-traffic production backend systems
- Experience with SRE principals and guidelines.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2022, more than 70% of the top 1000 mobile games were made with Unity as derived from a blended number of the top 1000 games in the Google Play Store and Apple App Store. In 2022, Made with Unity Applications had more than 4 billion downloads per month. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.