Senior Social Impact Program Manager - Education
Enterprise teams at Riot create the culture, systems, and environment that allow Riot to be the best place for world-class talent to imagine and achieve the impossible for players. Enterprise collectively is made up of essential corporate teams like Finance, People, Legal, Corporate Affairs, IT and Infosec, D&I, and Corp. Strategy that creates the ecosystem for Riot's different product pillars to operate and collaborate. To be effective, Enterprise Rioters must foster a trust forward culture to empower product pillars, act as true partners to product teams, and create simple and customer-centric systems that unlock collaboration across Riot.
As a Senior Social Impact Program Manager, reporting to the Head of Social Impact, you will manage the development of Riot's Education portfolio to achieve our strategic objective of democratizing education and game design, while further removing barriers for girls and people of color to access and excel in STEM. You will manage the strategy and investments for the educational portfolio to guide solutions to level up education systems around the world. You will develop relationships with leaders and organizations that align and enhance Riot's overall philanthropic goals. You will collaborate with internal stakeholders such as Talent Acquisition, Diversity & Inclusion, and Brand teams to achieve cohesive programs and initiatives that meet these goals throughout the business, creating a sustainable ecosystem.
- Manage the strategy, identification, and development of specific investments (grants, contracts, impact investments) Riot will support through its Social Impact Fund worldwide
- Develop programming to further STEM education outcomes for girls and communities of color through established nonprofit K-12 partnerships
- Manage the education budget for the broader portfolio of initiatives and track measurable KPI's across Riot's stakeholders
- Provide recommendations to Senior Leadership about portfolio performance: social impact, financial, global scope, and product success metrics
- Develop products to be shared with educators, partners, and students around the globe to directly help students around the world learn about different educational aspects of the video games industry (STEM, game design, art / music). These products are / will be the expansion of our URF Academy, Learn with League, and other educational products that are currently being offered or in development serving hundreds of thousands of students globally
- Partner with other teams to provide pro-bono services in product creation, programmatic development, and other functions
- Provide guidance to U.S. and international teams on all education programs and policies
- Create and manage an understanding of global player demographics, landscape, and trends by working in collaboration with our Strategic Advisory Department, and integrating those insights into our investment strategy
- Maintain comprehensive operations/process documentation
- Review and provide decisions on all Educational Social Impact-related funding proposals
- Provide analysis and forecast of budget expenditures on a quarterly and yearly basis
- Work with the communications and content teams to create engaging content for all platforms, including blog pieces, articles, social media posts, newsletters, and videos
- Create metrics and milestones to monitor the effectiveness of programs
- Partner with communication and brand teams to create a platform to tell our story both internally and externally
- 8+ years of professional experience in Program Management with budget management responsibilities
- 5+ years working with outside partners and institutions
- Cross-cultural understanding and knowledge across multiple geographic locations
- Experience cultivating productive partnerships with industry organizations, community organizations, and professional associations.
- Practical business sense with the ability to translate business objectives and strategic engagement opportunities for measurable success
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.