Senior Software Developer, Unity Cloud Build
We are Unity Cloud DevOps, an innovative team building the worlds best managed real-time 3D (RT3D) devops platform! Our build team focuses on all parts of the tooling and execution for building complex RT3D applications for the Unity engine and beyond.
You are a senior software developer that is ready to help us expand our global customer-facing devops-as-a-service platform. You'll actively mentor other members of your team and be hands-on in crafting technical solutions to make RT3D DevOps as easy as possible for our users - the largest game development community in the world. You'll work to give users a platform that's performant and reliable at scale.
You have considerable experience designing, building, and deploying applications to production, and experience in running and maintaining live products. You're comfortable working on a team to innovate and deliver high quality solutions for a highly complex system.
You'll learn all of the nuances of RT3D DevOps and the specific technical challenges we are solving for customers, and will contribute your own unique perspective.
What you’ll be doing
- Work with engineering leadership and senior developers to provide technical design and architecture for CI/CD technology specifically for RT3D applications
- Work in a deeply collaborative agile environment, participating in daily stand-ups and sprints
- Design, build, maintain and test command-line tools, microservices, and tools for integrating with RT3D engines
- Mentor other developers and help us level-up our engineering maturity
What we’re looking for
- Proven programming skills in your favorite language, even if it isn’t our own
- The ability to quickly become comfortable with large, complex systems
- A deep understanding of CI/CD pipelines
- Experience working within a globally distributed team - collaboration and teamwork is important to us!
You might also have
- Significant experience in tooling or build engineering for the RT3D or gaming industry
- Solid understanding of the Unity or Unreal game engines, or other gaming/RT3D development
- Experience running a production service or product
- Experience with the technologies we use (Go, Ruby, C#, Node.js) is helpful, but not required - we are looking for great people that have a track record of solving problems in similar domains
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.