Senior Software Development Engineer (Networking Firmware)
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
AMD are looking for Senior Software Development Engineer (Networking Firmware)
You will have worked extensively at the hardware / software interface involving networking in some capacity, programming in C.
To be successful you will have the ability to quickly understand a complex hardware and software architecture. You will be able to tackle system level problems and demonstrate knowledge of relevant embedded debug techniques and tools.
We are looking for embedded engineers with a strong academic background in a numerical subject (e.g. maths, physics or computer science) or of similar calibre.
• Lead software design process for assigned modules
• Develop embedded networking software
• Be an active contributor in peer code reviews
• Lead delivery of test specifications
The Software Engineer should have the following qualifications:
• 3+ years software experience (or equivalent) working at silicon or networking companies.
• Proven commercial experience developing in C
• Experience of python and other scripting languages
• Strong communication skills
• Hardware/software codesign
• Experience of Linux systems
• Ethernet & TCP/IP
• Embedded systems ideally with experience of system software and device drivers
Requisition Number: 178084
Country: United Kingdom Province: Cambridgeshire City: Cambridge
Job Function: Design