Senior Software Engineer - Build & Automation, Unpublished Fighting Game
Established in 2020, the Singapore Studio is Riot’s second international game development studio. Our mission is to “scale Riot’s games to hyper-serve players.” Riot has been expanding our footprint in Asia and accelerating our talent growth to develop games that deliver great experiences to our players.
The Singapore Studio is seeking talented, passionate Rioters with backgrounds in all areas of game development to build games that make it better to be a player. We partner with our LA headquarters on game development for League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, and Legends of Runeterra. We’re also building teams for VALORANT and Project L, our take on a fighting game.
We’re focused on working together to promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and inclusivity, so every Rioter can be their best while we boldly pursue games.
That’s where you come in.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Build & Automation team for Project L, you will build creative and novel solutions that empower artists, designers, and engineers. You will be integral to solving challenging problems across a broad portfolio of technology, including (but not limited to) console development, build and test automation, Unreal Engine, and workflow tooling, each of which is a critical component in delivering genre-defining experiences to our players.
- Design and implement solutions from ground-up or additive improvements to the build and automation process that powers our feature development on multiple platforms
- Act as the primary point of contact to investigate and resolve automation and pipeline issues observed in our day-to-day development and operations
- Work elbow-to-elbow with artists, designers, and other engineers in identifying opportunities to improve our existing workflow and remove inefficiencies
- Learn from and collaborate with experts in the same technical stack at Riot in delivering the maximal impact to the broader developer group
- 3+ collective years of professional experience across the following areas (or equivalent)
- Buildgraph development
- Automated CI/CD pipeline (e.g., Jenkins)
- Content Tools and Pipelines
- Cross-Platform Development
- 2+ years experience with scripting languages (python, bash, ruby, etc.)
- 2+ years experience with compiled object oriented languages (C++, Go, C#, etc.)
- Strong understanding of source control systems (e.g., git, perforce preferred)
- Ability to collaborate with team leadership to break down and deliver solutions to complex multi-month technical challenges
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Expertise in implementing automated unit and integration tests for your software
- Proficiency with Agile/Scrum and understanding of its value to work processes
- Console development experience
- Deep understanding of Unreal’s build pipeline and asset management systems
- Expertise in supporting Perforce based CI/CD pipeline
- Familiarity with troubleshooting and postmortem documentation/process
- Experience in working with non-engineering disciplines
- Experience in working with remote teams with substantial timezone challenges
- Flexibility in balancing between instant response on-call duties and focused project development
- Full relocation support
- Full health insurance for you, your spouse, and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits