Senior Software Engineer, Build Systems - VALORANT
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in many broader domains. As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team goals. You’ll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the VALORANT Build Systems team, you will develop and improve on the technologies that enable us to deliver VALORANT into our players’ hands. You will work on projects that potentially span our full build stack and beyond. To deliver on these projects, you will need to be working with teams within VALORANT as well as partner teams across Riot. You will report into the Engineering Manager on the team.
- Design, implement, maintain, and improve on the build and release technologies for VALORANT
- Work on a range of tech stacks including underlying infrastructure, build and test automation, release pipelines, and developer tooling
- Work with VALORANT developers and stakeholders to align on priorities and deliverables
- Collaborate with central technology teams at Riot to leverage their expertise and solutions
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- 3+ years of professional experience in C# or Java
- Experience working in a collaborative development environment
- Willingness to jump into unfamiliar technologies and take on new challenges
- Familiarity with (one of the following)
- Automated build systems
- Automated test systems
- Infrastructure and configuration management
- Building developer tools
- Experience working in game development
- Familiarity with C++, Go, and Groovy
- Familiarity with WinForms, WPF, ASP.NET, and MySQL
- Experience mentoring fellow developers
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.