Senior Software Engineer, Data Platform
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar is seeking a Senior Software Engineer, Data Platform to join a team focused on building a cutting-edge game analytics platform and tools to better understand our players and enhance their experience in our games. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s New York City, NY office.
The ideal candidate will be skilled in developing complex ingestion and transformation processes with an emphasis on reliability and performance. In collaboration with other data engineers, machine learning engineers, and software engineers, the candidate will empower the team of analysts and data scientists to deliver data driven insights and applications to company stakeholders.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Analytics team provide insights and actionable results to a wide variety of stakeholders across the organization in support of their decision making.
- We are currently adding team members to help build out our platform and service capabilities to fully serve our customers and partners teams more extensively.
- Implement and maintain the underlying analytics platform and other services related to helping ingest and deliver data to/from multiple sources.
- Build and maintain microservices for both on-prem and cloud systems.
- Design and implement APIs for both data access and other services.
- Assist in the development of frontends for internal tooling.
- Work with the operations teams to maintain infrastructure both on-prem and in Azure.
- Maintain and extend CI/CD pipelines and documentation.
- Adhere to and enforce rigorously automated testing.
- Assist with the integration of data services into other tools for other teams within Rockstar.
- Assist in the development of automation and operational support strategies.
- 3+ years of work experience in enterprise-level software engineering and microservice environments.
- Experience with API design and development.
- Comfortable with relational and NoSQL databases.
- Strong background with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Familiar with CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience with on-prem datacenters and cloud-based ecosystems.
- Experience with Python and Java.
- Experience developing, productionizing workloads, and maintaining production services in a Linux environment.
- Ability to manage numerous projects concurrently and strategically, prioritizing when necessary.
- Good communication skills.
- Dynamic team player.
- A drive for not just accepting technology marketing, but truly understanding how new technologies actually work.
- A strong penchant for optimization problems and a strong eye for scaling concerns.
- A strong proponent for documentation.
- A passion for technology.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience with Azure.
- Experience with the Hadoop ecosystem (HDFS, Spark, Oozie, Impala, etc.) and big data ecosystems (Kafka, Cassandra, etc.).
- Familiarity with SQL languages such as T-SQL, Spark SQL, or PL/SQL.
- Experience working in support of large-scale data ecosystems at the terabyte or petabyte scale.
- Familiarity with Apache Airflow.
- Experience with Databricks.
- Experience with online game service APIs, particularly Xbox Live, Sony NP, Steam, and Epic Games.
- Experience with Frontend development.
- Knowledge of the video game industry.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.
The pay range for this position in New York City at the start of employment is expected to be between the range below* per year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an "at-will position" and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.