Senior Software Engineer (Full Stack) - APAC
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC games in the world, over 67 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a balanced disregard for constraints.
That’s where you come in...
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in multiple domains. As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team goals. You’ll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
As a Singapore Rioter, you’ll join a team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our obsession with player experience. The Singapore team is responsible for not only Singapore but the APAC region (Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, Singapore, Indonesia, Vietnam, Taiwan, Japan and India). With teams in Esports, publishing, and strategy, Riot Games Singapore is dedicated to building unique player experiences.
- Develop web user interfaces to support personalized experiences for our players
- Design and deliver microservices that enable third parties to integrate with Riot's game content fulfillment and reward systems
- Write unit and integration tests
- Perform code reviews
- Enhance build and deployment tooling
- Improve product visibility through telemetry and analytics
- Level up other engineers through coaching and mentoring
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience as a full stack software engineer, with at least 3 years in web-based development
- Experience developing modular UI as part of larger, more complex applications
- Familiarity with web front end techniques including responsive design, performance tuning, and build pipelines
- Great sense for UI/UX and experience working cross-discipline with visual design
- Familiarity with at least one back end programming language, preferably Java or Kotlin
- Familiarity with cloud infrastructure providers like AWS or GCP
- Experience with TypeScript, Mocha, Webpack, Node.js, Babel, CSS preprocessors
- Experience with design tools such as Photoshop or Figma
- Experience writing, tuning, and debugging distributed systems written in Java or Kotlin
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker,
- Experience with databases such as MySQL, Redis, and MongoDB
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Familiarity with CI/CD and automated deployments, Jenkins and Terraform
- Experience mentoring junior engineers
For this role, you’ll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experience of players, this could be the role for you!
- Full relocation support
- Full health insurance for you, your spouse and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits