Senior Software Engineer, Gameplay - Unpublished R&D Product
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team objectives. You’ll drive features and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
As a Senior Software Engineer in R&D, you will work closely with a small team of designers, artists, producers, and other engineers to identify fundamental product features and build innovative experiences that will fulfill our players’ imaginative dreams. In this role, you will be expected to iterate tightly and rapidly with designers, both prototyping new features and hardening them into robust systems. The ideal candidate is passionate, driven, and wants to guide the technical vision of this area of the game. You will report to the Engineering Manager for the initiative.
- Identify, prioritize, and help implement game systems, features, and content for a new title
- Collaborate with product and discipline leads to identify focus areas, handoff points, and provide the best solution for the development phase
- Lead and contribute to architecture requirements, technical design, and implementation for relevant systems
- Help shape the technical direction and standards for the team
- Make substantial contributions to the codebase
- Mentor other engineers on the team in all aspects of game development
- Collaborate closely with art, design, and other disciplines on the team
- 4+ years of gameplay development experience in a C-style game engine (Unreal Engine, Unity, etc)
- 2+ years of experience working on a networked game
- BS in Computer Science, or proven understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- Experience collaborating with teammates across multiple disciplines
- Product sense, pragmatism, and player empathy in making tech decisions
- Experience with UE4 and/or UE5
- Experience with general gameplay systems
- Experience working with both small and mid-sized engineering teams
- Experience with agile development
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about players' experiences, this could be your role!
Riot focuses on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy and other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.