Senior Software Engineer - League, PIE TechOps
As Software Engineers at Riot, we bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas and also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. We work with both new and current technology, creating innovative solutions to overcome complex problems and to deliver player value.
As a Senior Software Engineer on League of Legends’ PIE TechOps team, you will lead, design, and develop new features in the League of Legends game engine that enable our content creators to deliver exciting new personalization experiences to players. You will exercise your collaboration skills to partner with artists, technical artists, producers, and designers to build new tools and workflows that expand PIE’s content portfolio. You will mentor engineering, tech art, and tech design teammates. You will report to the team's Engineering Manager, and work in a hybrid environment from LAX.
- Collaborate within a cross-disciplinary team (including Game Designers, Artists, Animators, and Producers) to help deliver exciting new personalization experiences
- Design and build in-game personalization experience features in the League of Legends game engine using C++
- Make design and implementation decisions that inform the technical direction of a project
- Develop and improve tooling to support content creator’s authoring workflows
- Work with content creators across multiple disciplines to define best practices and uphold technical quality
- Collaborate with and provide mentorship to engineering, tech art, and tech design teammates
- 5+ years of professional experience as a software engineer using C++
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience working with non-engineering collaborators to deliver value
- Experience with game development
- Experience leading technical designs and technical decisions
- Experience with Lean or Agile development processes (Scrum, Kanban, etc)
- Familiarity with game development engines such as Unity, Unreal, and/or Proprietary engines
- Familiarity with building tools and pipelines for content development
- Familiarity with Lua, Python
- Experience mentoring fellow developers
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.