Senior Software Engineer - Monetisation, League of Legends
As Software Engineers at Riot, we bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas and also value the opportunity to work in multiple broader domains. We work with exciting technology, overcoming high-volume obstacles and delivering value to players.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the League of Legends Monetisation team, or as it's known internally Software Engineer II, you'll report to the team's Engineering Manager. You will own and develop core back-end services and player-facing front-ends that provide engaging store, loot, and events experiences for League of Legends. You will work across technology stacks to achieve reliable and performant player experiences. You will exercise your skills to work in a diverse group, being a trusted technology partner to product owners.
You be based in the Dublin office.
- Design and enhance League microservices
- Contribute to architecture requirements and design
- Develop and test player content experiences in the League of Legends client
- Write unit and integration tests
- Code reviews
- Participate in the team's on-call rotation
- Enhance build and deployment tooling
- Improve product visibility through telemetry and analytics
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of deep programming experience with Java
- Experience building RESTful microservices
- Experience working with relational databases and SQL
- Experience developing fault-tolerant, distributed systems including analysis, design and work breakdown
- Experience in test automation, operational best practices, implementing automated builds, software packaging, automated deployments, logging, monitoring, and automated alerting
- Experience working with Product Owners / Development Managers / Designers
- Experience working with game development
- Experience working across multiple teams
- Proficiency in HTML, CSS, and modern JS
- Experience mentoring junior engineers
- Experience developing software with C++
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Medical and dental plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and your children
- Life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Family Bonding leave
- Commuting allowance
- Flexible benefits allowance
- Vision allowance
- Daily lunch, snacks and fruit in the office
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to nonprofits
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and members of Riot Games. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for individuals with a disability and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy, medical condition, political affiliation or activity, genetic information, religion, trade union membership or activity, age, sexual orientation, family status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital or civil status, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status or characteristics. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and also any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses. We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we’re excited to hear from you. Don’t be discouraged if you feel you don’t fully meet every single one of the requirements for a particular role, there’s always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!
If you need assistance or an accommodation for this process due to a disability, please let us know.