Senior Software Engineer, QA - Art Tools (Surfacing & Rendering)
Unity is accelerating the development of artist tools, with products such as Wētā Digital Tools, Ziva Dynamics and SpeedTree, to make the entire process of crafting 3D graphics, content and experiences more intuitive and accessible to creators. By joining us, you will help democratize the most powerful tools of the industry and make them accessible to a wide range of users.
As a Senior Software Engineer, QA for the Art Tools team at Unity, you will be involved in the delivery of our professional artist tools for surfacing, lighting and rendering. You will directly impact our users by ensuring our releases are bug-free, stable, and frustration-free on a variety of platforms. You'll get to build robust automated testing frameworks to make manual testing a thing of the past. You will be bolstered by and learn from a multi-disciplinary team of industry experts.
What you’ll be doing
- Crafting a high-level test strategy and methodology to ensure Art tools can ship reliably and don't regress over time
- Building scripts, tools, and automation to implement the team's testing goals
- Reducing and fixing defects by writing automated tests and conducting exploratory tests
- Championing engineering principles and best practices
What we’re looking for
- An expert in testing frameworks and modern CI/CD systems
- Industry experience in professional software development with proficiency in C++, Python, data structures, algorithms and engineering principles
- Experience programming plugins for DCC applications such as Maya or Blender
- Familiarity with designing robust APIs and libraries and writing clean code
You might also have
- Experience developing artist tools for surfacing, lighting and rendering
- Experience with the Unity Engine
- Experience developing cloud native applications
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.