Senior Software Engineer
Unity/Weta Digital's Engineering Department is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team.
The Software Engineering Department builds and maintains tools for 3D procedural modelling, set dressing, 2D imaging, animation, lighting, creatures, and realtime and offline rendering. As a software developer in the Software Engineering Department, you will enable a diverse range of artist to create award-winning visual effects by implementing innovative techniques, ensuring tools are performant for realtime, online, and offline rendering, and working with users to build the best, most efficient artist experience.
What you'll be doing
- Collaborate with core team members to design, develop, and support features and APIs that artists and other engineers use daily
- Work within existing code bases to support APIs that other developers in the company are using
- Learn and use Weta Digital’s proprietary renderers and scene description APIs to extend and support features in a large variety of plugins that modellers, animators, lighters, compositors use in their workflows
- Plan and manage tasks for daily work load
What we are looking for
- BS/MS or equivalent knowledge and experience in Computer Science or related
- Solid understanding of C++ and knowledgeable in Python with a focus on writing robust, maintainable, and performant code
- Strong math skills, such as ability to formulate problems in mathematical terms, experience with solving optimization problems, and experience with linear systems
- Knowledgeable in computational geometry topics, for instance: meshing algorithms, ray tracing techniques, and parametric curves and surfaces
- Excellent problem solving, verbal, and written communication skills with an ability to develope a productive relationship with users
You may also have
- Experience with Universal Scene Description (USD) format and APIs
- Experience with Digital Content Creation (DCC) or Rendering integration, such as Maya, Houdini, Katana, or Renderman
- Familiar with GPU programming, such as OpenGL or CUDA
- Previous work experience in the visual effects and/or games industry
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, disability, gender, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.