Senior Software Engineer, Solutions Games
We are the Accelerate Solutions Games team, a group of highly skilled Software Development and Tech Art Consultants with deep expertise in the Unity platform. Our team is passionate about lending their industry experience and technical expertise to help elevate our gaming customer projects to the next level of fidelity and performance.
Your day-to-day will have you working on consulting and development services which can range in duration from one week to over a year. Learn and partner with other industry veterans to work on critical performance-sensitive projects that demonstrate Unity engineering excellence.
This role may involve occasional travel to other Unity or customers' offices, primarily within South Korea.
If you're a developer who is technically skilled, customer-focused, and not afraid of constantly being pushed out of your comfort zone, this job is for you!
What you’ll be doing
- Work directly with external game studios to build new features, interactive apps and tools
- Analyze performance in our gaming customers' projects and workflows, then provide them with targeted technical guidance
- Deliver high-quality code components to enable our partners and customers to be successful
- Analyze Unity source code to keep your skills and knowledge up-to-date
- Build close relationships with Unity's internal development teams, then champion developer feedback to help positively impact Unity's roadmap
What we’re looking for
- Capable of developing and debugging code written in a large multithreaded C# or C++ codebase, using a multi-platform engine (e.g. Unity, Unreal, in-house)
- Knowledgeable on how to profile, analyze, and improve performance, from low-level limitations to high-level architectural decisions
- Experience in shipping multiple games or other real-time interactive applications, including a proven understanding of software development lifecycles
- Able to guide customers by clearly communicating ideas and technical knowledge through written reports
- Comfortable diving into areas outside of their expertise in order to help our customers
You might also have
- Experience using Unity to develop games or commercial software
- Knowledge of rendering, graphics, networking, profiling, or low-level performance as it pertains to game development
- Experience in delivering training/technical talks and writing technical articles
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, disability, gender, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.