Senior Software Engineer, Test - Player Platform, SDK Features
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in different domains. As a Software Engineer, you'll work with all kinds of new and old technology, creating creative solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and to provide player value.
As a Senior Software Engineer, Test on the SDK Features team, you will develop automated test frameworks and tooling that exercise the services developed by the team. You will also collaborate with technology owners adjacent to your services in SDK to make sure test automation supports services in development connected to your team. You will partner with other teams and disciplines to ensure that your work improves the quality of life and effectiveness of those development partners. Our services are used across all Riot Game titles.
You will report to the QA Manager on the SDK team.
- You will lead the teams efforts to ensure the code developed accomplishes expectations from multiple dimensions (quality, modularity, scalability, and industry standards/trends)
- Establish and implement what quality automation looks like across the tooling ecosystem with testing, deployment, and monitoring for the team in collaboration with team leaders
- Create test plans focused on test automation development to cover the services developed by the team.
- Define and analyze test automation quality metrics to quantify test automation coverage and progress
- Gather metrics to answer complex test automation quality questions and ROI of test automation coverage
- Maintain a sense of code ownership that includes developing, deploying, and maintaining frameworks, platforms, and tools
- Mentorship. You help Rioters develop the tools to shine in test automation best practices
- Participate in the team's support rotation
- 4+ years of experience in standard programming languages such as C++, Kotlin, Python and Java
- Experience working with and implementing test automation frameworks and tooling for desktop, mobile and console applications
- Have been responsible for leading the test automation development efforts for a team (6-month+ scope), including requirements gathering, planning, and release
- Championed software test automation development best practices within your team that includes reviews, standards, performance, scalability, and maintainability
- 4+ years of experience developing within services testing frameworks, familiarity with Postman, Charles, and ReadyAPI
- 4+ years of experience in the microservice/distributed service based environment
- 4+ years of CI/CD experience
- Experience with GoogleTest framework
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).