Senior Software Engineer
We are currently seeking a highly proficient Senior Software Engineer to solve technical issues from Unity users and work with the Global R&D team to research and improve Unity engine native codes.
Our customers have a wide variety of problems, which require quick thinking as well as in-depth analysis. This is where you step in and work to solve these problems with curiosity, flexibility and positivity. In return, you will be constantly learning about the latest features of Unity, and get to help nurture some of the most exciting games and applications in development today!
What you’ll be doing
- Efficiently provide technical support and solutions across Unity’s deployment platforms and variety of applications
- Solve customer problems via online ticketing and any other appropriate communication medium
- Collaborate with your colleagues to ensure team success
- Maintain excellent relations between the Engine Support team and other departments within Unity
What we’re looking for
- In-depth knowledge of graphics programming (e.g. Universal Render Pipeline, Shader Programming, VFX Graph)
- Experience in the developing and the shipping products using Unity
- High level of understanding of Unity Engine features (e.g. DOTS, Unity Physics, Addressable...)
- Passionate about fixing problems and solving technical issues
- Strong oral and written communication skills (in both Japanese and English) with various groups of customers and internal teams
You might also have
- Experience in the developing and the shipping on AR/VR/console game (Playstation5/Nintendo Switch)/Steam platform project
- Experience in the developing and the shipping product not using Unity
- Experience in the networking programming
International relocation support is not available for this position.
Immigration - Work visa/immigration sponsorship is not available for this position
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2022, more than 70% of the top 1000 mobile games were made with Unity as derived from a blended number of the top 1000 games in the Google Play Store and Apple App Store. In 2022, Made with Unity Applications had more than 4 billion downloads per month. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, disability, gender, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.