Senior Software Engineer, Valorant - Platform Extensions Gameplay
Engineers join Riot to become masters of their craft. They bring a deep passion for helping bring joy to players via technical solutions. As a Software Engineer III on Valorant's Platform Extensions team, you'll be diving into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team objectives. You'll lead and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
As a Senior Software Engineer you'll help lead the discovery and delivery of new features and content to a live, tactical shooter across multiple platforms - Console and/or Mobile. As a leader, you'll help drive and inform technical direction in the console gameplay space. You'll report to an Engineering Manager.
In this role, you'll be:
- Player-Focused: You have strong player empathy, and you want to find solutions that make players excited to experience our game.
- A Collaborator: You want to work elbow-to-elbow with your team members. You are excited to see problems from a different point of view, and make hard tradeoffs to meet multiple goals.
- Efficiency focused: Inefficiency bothers you and you work to create well-oiled machines whenever you can.
- Adaptable: You understand and are comfortable with switching gears between optimization, break/fix, and development and understand the need for rapid re-prioritization.
- A Life Long Learner: You seek input, and feedback and ask a lot of questions whenever you can. You want to build a deep understanding of the technology you work with.
- Experiment with game design and rapidly prototype to confirm ideas
- Create technical designs for new features and architectural changes
- Create and implement standards to ensure high-quality code
- Coach and Mentor more junior engineers through code reviews and 1-on-1 feedback
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and/or equivalent experience
- 4+ years experience in professional software development, having shipped at least one console game
- Experience with console platform integration
- Excellent knowledge of common game and software design patterns
- Experience mentoring team members to level up their technical capabilities
- Experience shipping Unreal Engine games to console
- Experience shipping multigenerational console titles
- Familiarity with console-specific build pipelines
- Deep knowledge of modern C++ and optimization techniques
- Prior gameplay experience on a AAA shooter
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).