Senior Software Engineer, Wild Rift
Jan 14, 2023
As a Software Engineer for the Wild Rift, your role is to optimize the maintain the current building pipeline and toolings, and own the build, release, and deployment of the game within development environments, other sites, and external (playtests, Cert, beta, live). To secure the success of the game, you are expected to work closely with design to avoid pitfalls and leverage opportunities associated with first-party platforms and internal technology.
- Act as the technical reference for all aspects of release and build for the project on all platforms.
- Lead the build & release team to support the core pillars while ensuring that we anticipate issues that might arise (e.g. deployment, stability, bandwidth, security, scaling, architecture, operations, etc.)
- Evangelize about the “proper” build & release practices that can be applied within the context of the project.
- Work with the co-team to ensure the stability of the build, release, and deployment systems of the game. Put in place the necessary automated tests, tools, and training required to equip the whole programming team with the means to preserve stability while building features.
- Work with the designers, artists, and production teams to maintain and improve workflow and turnaround speed of the content
- Productivity of the team (and adapting/managing change)
- 5+ years experience in a Build/Software Engineer role
- Proficient in Java frameworks, scripting language (python, groovy, etc.)
- Fluent in Jenkins pipeline + Groovy scripting
- Solid knowledge in the backend systems and network
- Experiences with AWS are a plus
- Bachelors in CS, Math, or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Clear communication and troubleshooting skills
- Strong technical acumen and problem-solving skills
- Business fluency in Chinese and English, and can drive effective collaboration across language and culture
- 10% travel to Riot & Tencent offices in Shanghai and LAX