Senior Sound Designer [Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora]
Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora™ is a first person, action-adventure game developed by Massive Entertainment – a Ubisoft studio in collaboration with Lightstorm Entertainment and Disney. Built using the latest iteration of the Snowdrop engine, and developed exclusively for the new generation of consoles and PC, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora brings to life the alluring world of Pandora with all of its beauty and danger in an immersive, open world experience.
As a Senior Sound Designer, you’ll combine sounds and technology to communicate ideas and feelings which will bring to life the players journey across Pandora and improve the overall gaming experience. You’ll be a part of an experienced and skilled team consisting of Sound and Voice Designers.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden, with the opportunity to work partially from home according to our Flexible Workplace Policy. Please apply in English (our company language), and we’ll check your application asap!
What you'll do
- Creating high production value sound effects (studio/foley recordings, synthesis techniques), and utilizing pre-recorded in-house and commercial material
- Linear sound designing and mixing for cut scenes and cinematics
- Implementing assets into Wwise and Snowdrop (Game Engine), ensuring they perform as intended in-game
- Advocating for the goals set with the Audio Director
- Taking ownership of key game features from conception through to shipping
- Planning and completing field recording sessions, editing and organizing the resulting content
- Acting as a mentor for more junior staff of the audio team and sharing your knowledge
- Collaborating effectively with other departments, representing the audio team, and working towards the best possible end-user experience
- Ensuring documentation for your audio feature(s) is continually updated
What you'll bring
You are excited about games, game development, and the craft of Sound. You’re eager to create amazing audio experiences for players. By being creative and technical, you understand that the synergy of assets, implementation and mixing, play a crucial role in the overall quality of the audio experience. You should also be comfortable working within a multidisciplinary team, where you can each utilize your niche expertise to achieve a higher quality together.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- A relevant showreel of your audio work
- Several years of Sound Design experience from the video game industry
- Previous experience from AAA productions through to release
- Experience recording both studio and field recording techniques, signal flow, processing and mixing
- Expert Wwise knowledge
- Knowledge of visual scripting, audio post process plugins mastering and performance optimization
- Extensive knowledge of DAW tools (e.g. Reaper, Pro Tools, Cubase)
- Experience creating and mixing surround content
- Understanding of the technical audio constraints regarding audio implementation, on current console platforms & PC and therefore the ability to accurately predict task duration and understand dependencies
Massive Entertainment is a world-leading AAA studio located in Malmö, Sweden and part of the Ubisoft family. We’re a multinational team of more than 750 passionate and highly skilled people from 50+ different countries. Our studio’s goal has always been – and still is – to craft the finest gaming experiences for all players.
At Massive, you get to do what you love most while bringing your own experience to our ongoing projects, like Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, and The Star Wars Project. We're also developing new tech here, such as our in-house engine Snowdrop, and Ubisoft Connect - Ubisoft's digital ecosystem and distribution platform.
All your application information will be kept confidential according to EEO & GDPR guidelines.