Senior Sound Designer [Star Wars Project]
We are collaborating with Disney and Lucasfilm Games on a new story-driven open-world video game set in the beloved Star Wars galaxy. This is a lore we love and want to do justice with a game and story that bring both new and lifelong fans on an immersive and outstanding journey that will stay with them for years.
As a Senior Sound Designer at Massive you’ll combine sounds and technology to communicate ideas and feelings which will bring to life the player's journey through the game and improve the overall gaming experience. You’ll be a part of an experienced and skilled team consisting of Sound and Voice Designers. Together you will have a big impact on one of the most loved IPs out there.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden, with the opportunity to work partially from home according to our Flexible Workplace Policy. Please apply in English (our company language), and we’ll check your application asap!
What you'll do
- Interactive and linear sound effects design
- Audio asset implementation within Wwise and our in-house engine Snowdrop.
- Mixing & mastering
- Record, edit, and catalog assets produced from field recording and studio sessions
- Occasionally processing and mastering dialogue
- Acting as a mentor for team members of the audio team and sharing knowledge
- Collaborating effectively with other departments, advocating your audio craftsmanship, and educating the rest of production when necessary
What you'll bring
You are excited about games, game development, and the craft of Sound. You’re eager to create amazing audio experiences for players. By being creative and technical, you understand that the synergy of assets, implementation and mixing, play a crucial role in the overall quality of the audio experience. You should also be comfortable working within a multidisciplinary team, where you can each utilize your niche expertise to achieve a higher quality together.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Up-to-date showreel showcasing work done on AAA game audio
- Several years of Sound Design experience in the video game industry
- Previous experience from AAA productions through to release
- Great interactive and linear sound design skills
- Proficient Wwise knowledge
- Experience in-game audio scripting
- Experience creating and mixing 5.1 and 7.1 content for games and linear media.
- Experience in spatial audio
- Experience in field & studio recording
- Understanding of PS4, Xbox One, and PC audio functionality, capabilities, and limitations
- Solid understanding of technical audio theory and audio engineering
- Extensive knowledge of DAW tools (e.g. Pro Tools, Cubase, Reaper)
- Experienced with most industry-standard plugins and toolsets (Waves, Soundtoys, Izotope, Soundtoys, Fabfilter, etc)
Massive Entertainment is a world-leading AAA studio located in Malmö, Sweden and part of the Ubisoft family. We’re a multinational team of more than 750 passionate and highly skilled people from 50+ different countries. Our studio’s goal has always been – and still is – to craft the finest gaming experiences for all players.
At Massive, you get to do what you love most while bringing your own experience to our ongoing projects, like Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, and The Star Wars Project. We're also developing new tech here, such as our in-house engine Snowdrop, and Ubisoft Connect - Ubisoft's digital ecosystem and distribution platform.
All your application information will be kept confidential according to EEO & GDPR guidelines.