Senior Sound Designer - Treyarch Vancouver
Job Title:Senior Sound Designer - Treyarch Vancouver
Treyarch is looking for a dedicated and passionate Senior Sound Designer to join our team, where you'll be working with our Zombies, multiplayer, and franchise audio teams.
As a game audio veteran, your mission will be to inspire, mentor and work with a team of high-caliber Audio Designers in developing immersive and compelling sound effects that will be enjoyed by millions of players across the globe.
What you’ll do…
- Own complete features of the game with little oversight required.
- Help craft the sonic vision of current and future Call of Duty titles.
- Increase efficiency and quality through the creation of new audio subsystems and features.
- Contribute to the creative aspects of sound design, implementation, mixing and troubleshooting game audio.
- Collaborate with outside departments and external partners/vendors to create world-class experiences.
- Mentor others in the department to help further grow our combined experience.
- Take an active role in improving our game audio development techniques and tools
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure audio requirements and plans are understood.
To succeed you should have…
- An inspiring reel that demonstrates your accomplishments and excellence in game audio (emphasizing the portions you contributed to in any collaborative examples).
- 4+ years of game audio experience in working on AAA games, with at least one shipped title.
- A comprehensive understanding of audio recording, design, processing and mixing.
- Fluency in game audio implementation targeting console functionality, capabilities and limitations.
- Audio software proficiency using tools such as REAPER, Pro Tools, Waves, and other plug-ins.
- Be adept at using recording interfaces, microphones and outboard processors.
- Experience with Windows and/or macOS, familiarity with productivity software such as word processors and spreadsheets.
- Rock-solid communication, organization and problem-solving skills.
- Receptive to evaluation of one’s own work and skilled at communicating critical feedback to others, as well as a good work ethic and positive personality.
We’d love it if you also have...
- Experience playing recent Call of Duty titles or other shooters.
- Game development accomplishments outside of audio.
- Experienced with scripting and/or programming.
- Field recording, music composition or mixing experience.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Founded in 1996, Treyarch is a videogame studio whose purpose is to create awesome games for the world to enjoy. With this purpose in mind, we crafted the award winning Call of Duty: Black Ops series and pioneered the fan favorite Zombies mode.
At Treyarch, we empower the team to be individually driven to innovate on our games, processes, and culture. How we do things is just as important as what we do.
Studio culture and development, we believe it’s a team effort and that collaboration and hearing one another is key. Every day we face the large and small challenges together and every voice matters.
These values guide us in our mission to create moments that matter. Both to the players and to us, the creators. In an era where triumphs and defeats are readily shared, seeing players engage with our creations gives us great pride. Come help us create that next moment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.treyarch.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/treyarch, and @treyarch on Twitter.
PS, we’ve also got some pretty amazing office perks and benefits, like 20 vacation days and 16 holidays, 10 weeks of family leave, free lunches and snacks at our office, comprehensive healthcare, and more! Check out all the details here for more information: https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/